PDA

View Full Version : Hagstrom Viking Standard, Review

sunvalleylaw
November 5th, 2008, 11:05 PM
There have been a bunch of posts about this guitar ( http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=8598&page=5 ) and of course Spud's Hagstrom Viking Deluxe thread (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=8817 ). But I have not done a review or made anything but general comments and thought I would consolidate my thoughts into a more formal review. This review may be a work in progress and I may add to it as time goes, but here are my impressions after having it a few weeks.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/Viking003.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/Viking.jpg

1. Looks, fit and finish - all very good. It is just beautiful looking to me. Although the seller had some nice looking "B" Stocks, I went with the "A" stock so I would have full warranty. And it is a beautiful thing. The above are the pics I have so far, and I will add some natural light ones sometime soon. The binding on the headstock with the mother of pearl is really nice, and complements the nice cream binding on the neck and body. Yes, the plastic is now off the pickguard and pups. Came off right after that second pic was taken.

2. Neck - I love the slim, fast neck. As many here know, I was looking for a humbucker guitar to diversify from my strat. I could not get used to a Les Paul neck, and nothing else, save for possibly a Gretsch Electromatic, was wowing me. Necks are still very important to me. This one is fast, easy to play, and has that "just right" feel to me. It has Hagstrom's special H shaped truss rod that gives it stability, despite being very thin. Fits me well. The only quibble I have at all, (and really my only quibble with the guitar) is that this one has just the slightest amount of catching on the tops of the fret ends. Nothing that requires dealing with, but if I was going to be real picky, I could have them smoothed just a tiny bit to make them absolute butter.

I really like the fretboard, which is made of a dense composite wood material they call Resinator. It has a good, fast feel that allows for a lot of control, and to my ears sounds great.

It has a nice quality self lubricating graphite composite nut. Its tuners seem to be of good quality and have a cool, retro look, and they work well.

3. Pickups/Tones - Hagstrom proprietary HJ-50 humbuckers. The guitar is resonant and projects nicely unamplified. Nice woody tones. I like all three positions, neck, both and bridge, and although I have not figured out all the tones that can be dialed in with the two volume and two tone knobs, it has both great, warm, woody, jazzy clean tones, and ballsy, sustainy, feedbacky rock tones, with lots of variation in each. The neck position is very warm and sultry. Kicking on the middle with both pups adds some spank, and oomph. I really like having the neck full on and dialing back the bridge just a little to have a touch of spank and a lot of warmth. The bridge just rocks and I can really see getting some rockabilly out of it once I learn some. The guitar sustains for days. Turn on an overdrive or a distortion and the thing kicks a$$! Several vid clips are linked in the threads above that give a good feel for the various tones.

4. Switches, pots, controls, jack - everything seems fitted very well, works great and seems to be of good quality.

5. Intangibles - the guitar somehow causes me to approach playing differently. Partly the feel, partly the sounds. In practicing songs I have been working on, previously only with my strat, I immediately found myself finding different places to play. Right now I am spending most of my time with its clean tones, but I am sure I will start using it to explore humbucker driven rock and roll, and learn to play with that feedback and sustain. I will always love my strat, but this is a great companion to it.

This link to the Hagstrom Viking page http://www.hagstromguitars.com/viking.html has links to three magazine reviews written by people with more knowledge and experience than I possess, and has a link to a great vid featuring the guitar. All of those reviews are favorable and I have to agree.

Those are my impressions after a few weeks, and I hope to add some clips and more photos, and more thoughts as the weeks go on.

Bottom line, two thumbs up :AOK: :AOK: , and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering one.

SuperSwede
November 6th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Awesome review Steve!

Your smile on that picture tells more than a thousand words though :)

Does the Viking have the Super58 pickups? Those sound amazing imo ..

Lev
November 6th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Great review Steve. I'm glad you're loving it so much. Gorgeous Guitar!!

M29
November 6th, 2008, 07:21 AM
What a sweet guitar, your review is GASIN me up man:AOK: I love it when a nice guitar can be gotten without paying over 2000 dollas.

M

sunvalleylaw
November 6th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys for the complements. I hope the review helps someone. M29, one of the great things about this guitar is that you can get a really nice playing and sounding 335 type guitar, and a ballsy one at that, for a very fair price. Tim Mauer, mentioned and linked in Spud's Vik Deluxe thread, can get one to a person's door, for under $400, and for a bit more, include a very nice hard case. I paid $430, and mine is full warranty A stock, and included the case you see in the picture. A nice, padded hard shell case by Guardian.

SS, the pickups on the vikings, both deluxe and standard, are matched Hagstrom HJ-50s. I am not familiar with the ones you are asking about, but these are very nice, and although I have a Dimarzio Virtual Hot PAF to use in something, I do not see switching these out.

warren0728
November 6th, 2008, 08:20 AM
excellent review....that is a beauty of a guitar and is a nice compliment to your strat!! :pancake:

Tone2TheBone
November 6th, 2008, 09:20 AM
That is just a neat looking guitar...even though it's red. *ducks* Just kidding I think it should be red and I'm glad you're enjoying it. I bet it does play as good as it looks.

duhvoodooman
November 6th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Excellent review, Steve! :AOK: Thanks for taking the time to post it. And, unlike Tone, I'm very partial to red guitars--got two of 'em!

sunvalleylaw
November 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I was initially really jonesing for the sunburst, but the Cherry was a much better deal through Tim, and now that I have it, I really like it! DVM, your red one also is a beaut!

oldguy
November 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Nice review, Steve! Thanks for taking the time to post it.
Beautiful guitar, and I also play differently on different guitars I own.
I think the red looks gorgeous, btw.
I only have one red guitar now....more on that later.
Kudos on your killer deal on this one!:beer:

just strum
November 6th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Steve,

Not being a big fan of sunburst, I definitely think the red is better. It's simply a classy guitar.

I am also glad you've taken such a liking to the semi HB, but it's tough not to.

Now stop posting pictures, I'm cut off for awhile. The trade was ok, but buying another one would not go over well. Hmm, maybe I'll get a hold of the guy you bought yours from and see if he wants to trade $500 (or less) for one like yours.

Enjoy buddy, you earned that guitar.

tjcurtin1
November 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Congrats, SVL - sounds (and looks) like you've got a keeper. I also enjoy going back and forth between my Washburn 335 clone and the Fullerton to play with the different tone colors and bite. Have fun!

sumitomo
November 6th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Yep SVL that's a sweet ride.Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2008, 04:27 PM
As promised. I have not played around with this backer in a long while, and I am a bit surprised how rusty I feel/sound, but hopefully this gives an idea of how the guitar sounds. I tried a take of the intro through the intro solo, then did some various wanking trying out a couple of things to give some more guitar sounds.

This is with just a bit of overdrive (Bad Monkey with level turned down to about 9) into the C-30 mic'd. It is center switch position with both pups on, neck dimed, bridge turned down to 7 or 8, tone rolled back on the bridge to 5 or 6, and neck just a bit to 7.

http://www.box.net/shared/1jskcgro1m

I have not posted any clips in a long time, and I am not an accomplished player, but hopefully this gives a feel for some of the sounds. I am going to add a clean clip too at some point.

just strum
November 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
As promised. I have not played around with this backer in a long while, and I am a bit surprised how rusty I feel/sound, but hopefully this gives an idea of how the guitar sounds. I tried a take of the intro through the intro solo, then did some various wanking trying out a couple of things to give some more guitar sounds.

This is with just a bit of overdrive (Bad Monkey with level turned down to about 9) into the C-30 mic'd. It is center switch position with both pups on, neck dimed, bridge turned down to 7 or 8, tone rolled back on the bridge to 5 or 6, and neck just a bit to 7.

http://www.box.net/shared/1jskcgro1m

I have not posted any clips in a long time, and I am not an accomplished player, but hopefully this gives a feel for some of the sounds. I am going to add a clean clip too at some point.

Very nice Steve - sounds sweet and a good song for that guitar.

warren0728
November 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM
excellent steve....nice playing and that guitar sounds great....i think i am going to start working on that song....can you link to the backing track?

Andy
November 8th, 2008, 04:49 PM
stunning instrument and what a great deal.
I bet it can sustain for days too!

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys. Though I feel as though I have been reminded to go back and practice old songs more often. I have been focusing on other things.

Warren, here is the backer, first post on this collab thread:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5557

Maybe it is time to fire it up again, or you can just download it and play around with it. It is a great backer for experimenting with the stuff a lot of us have been working on.

Andy, yes it can. :D :beer:

warren0728
November 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Warren, here is the backer, first post on this collab thread:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5557
got it....thanks! :beer:

cobalt
November 8th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Great review, you hit on one of my favorite things about my Hag is that it doesn't need anything. They built it right the first time. You can just focus on playing.

Jimi75
November 13th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Excellent review. We have to shops nearby that have a bunch of Hagstroms. I have to go play them now after I read your review. Your guitar looks beautiful an I think it is very important that you feel to play in a different way with it than with your other guitars.

Blaze
November 16th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Hey Sunvalleylaw !

I m thinking about get a DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Byoc guitar pedal, could you give a little review on how it works and how it sounds..

Thanks

Blazes:dude:

sunvalleylaw
November 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Sure, will do. I will put some thoughts together later and post in the BYOC v.2 Mouse thread started by DVM. I am not promising, but I may get the chance to do a clip or two also.

tot_Ou_tard
November 24th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Sweet guitar & you've copped some nice Santana-esque tones.

Did you think about a Reverend Manta Ray when you were looking for a 335-style guitar?

sunvalleylaw
November 24th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Sweet guitar & you've copped some nice Santana-esque tones.

Did you think about a Reverend Manta Ray when you were looking for a 335-style guitar?

Thanks! It is fun to try and find tones on this thing, and my strat for that matter. To answer your question, no, I really didn't. Not because it would not be nice, but I have never seen a Reverend guitar in person, and although the Hagstrom has some little tweeks that bring it slightly off center in 335 style land, it is still a bit more traditional seeming to me overall. I have been attracted to the Hagstrom since someone (I think Elavd) put up a "which 335" thread some time back. I also found a great deal, and I really liked the clips I found that demonstrated good cleans AND a good rawk sound. And I do tend to stay a bit close to traditional markers in my guitar taste. I admire your taste in guitars, and I remember your saying you like to look for things that are a bit different. I bet that Manta Ray would be great.

tot_Ou_tard
December 30th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I just watched the Hagstrom Review from Guitar World.

That is one sweet axe. I love the headstock & the trapeze.

Very quirky yet classy.

:AOK:

just strum
December 30th, 2008, 09:29 AM
This is one of the candidates if I win the raffle.

Viking Power
January 22nd, 2009, 10:56 PM
I believe I have my first case of GAS!!!!!!:dude:

tot_Ou_tard
January 23rd, 2009, 07:03 AM
I believe I have my first case of GAS!!!!!!:dude:

He's joined the cult!

Someone get him looking at & listening to some amphs & we'll have a keeper. ;)

Viking Power
January 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
He's joined the cult!

Someone get him looking at & listening to some amphs & we'll have a keeper. ;)

:D Yep, gotta decide on an amplifier setup still. Think I'm set on the Viking as the first electric in my collection though!:AOK:

Viking Power
January 23rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Anybody want to chime in on whether I can get a truly aggressive punk/metal sound out of a semi-hollow such as the Viking?

I know bands such as Tiger Army (if anyone knows who they are....) use semi-hollows to good effect. I believe their guit player uses a Gretsch Duo-Jet.

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Vik Power, here is a vid (of NOT me) getting some punk tones out of a red Viking like mine at between about a half minute to a minute and a half in.
P9L8OYZA23g

I think it can, especially with a pedal like the Rabid Rodent DVM built for me.

t_ross33
January 29th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Not sure about punk/metal out of a hollowbody, but this guy can get pretty heavy with one :dude:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/776px-Alex_Lifeson4.jpg

Viking Power
January 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Vik Power, here is a vid (of NOT me) getting some punk tones out of a red Viking like mine at between about a half minute to a minute and a half in.
P9L8OYZA23g

I think it can, especially with a pedal like the Rabid Rodent DVM built for me.
:bravo: :AOK: :bravo:

That was excellent! Any ideas on amp/effects this guy might be using?????

I just read last night that Tim Armstrong of Rancid is a big Hagstrom Viking user as well so.....

Viking Power
January 30th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Not sure about punk/metal out of a hollowbody, but this guy can get pretty heavy with one :dude:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/t_ross33/776px-Alex_Lifeson4.jpg

I wouldn't have guessed that Lifeson played one! :dude: Very cool!

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2009, 12:15 PM
No I have no idea what he was using. Double click the vid above and it will take you to youtube and you can see if he says, or ask him. I did not know that about Rancid, but it does not surprise me. You can get feedback so easily, semis are good tools I think for making loud, punkish noise.

That is a cool Lifeson pic too Trev!

Viking Power
January 30th, 2009, 12:44 PM
No I have no idea what he was using. Double click the vid above and it will take you to youtube and you can see if he says, or ask him. I did not know that about Rancid, but it does not surprise me. You can get feedback so easily, semis are good tools I think for making loud, punkish noise.

That is a cool Lifeson pic too Trev!

Thanks for the tip about double clicking on the youtube link. I didn't know that it worked like that. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any of that info is included. The guy does have a website though and I'll do some further research there......

marnold
January 30th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Uncle Ted did fine with his semi-hollow for hard rock.

t_ross33
January 30th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't have guessed that Lifeson played one! :dude: Very cool!

That, my friend, is the one-off 355 that Gibson gave Mr. Lifeson at the end of a factory tour in '77. In an interview, Alex said he almost cried when he saw his name engraved on the truss rod cover. It's a beaut, for sure!

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM
This artist page http://www.hagstromguitars.com/artist.html shows a lot of artists who play Vikings and others, including a vid with Dweezil Zappa playing a Vik that has been modified. Looks like plenty of folks get pretty hard sounds out of them.

Blaze
January 31st, 2009, 12:44 PM
Biding time

https://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?090205A/2529

sunvalleylaw
January 31st, 2009, 11:47 PM
Blazes, that is the Vik II, which is a bolt on neck. I am not an expert, but I am told that makes a difference.

Cottonwood King
February 3rd, 2009, 07:48 AM
That is, if anything, a very beautiful guitar. Nice review! Now, if only I had a bunch of extra cash lying around...:rotflmao:

Bluenote
November 28th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I was wondering how you like this guitar now that you've had a chance to get to know it a bit more. I've already paid for one from an eBay seller named Tim (Mauery, I think). I've talked with him on the phone and I think he might be the same guy that you mention in the thread. I believe he lives in Salisbury, MD. I can't really change my mind about the purchase but I was wondering if the guitar has performed to your expectations and how you like the sound and quality of the guitar now that you've had it a while.

By the way, I'm a new member to the forum and I am learning without an instructor. I currently play an Alvarez AD60 acoustic and have been playing for about 3 months. I haven't even purchased an amp to use with the Hagstrom but will probably buy a small Fender Frontman practice amp to start with. Musician's Friend has 4 of these amps ranging from 10 to 25 amps and from $60 - $100. Any info or advice will be appreciated.

Spudman
November 28th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Bluenote

I got the Viking Deluxe the same time SVL got his Viking Standard. We both got them from Tim and he gave us a more than fair deal.

I just got around to changing stings on mine and now I'm playing it a lot more. It has held tuning well. The neck is very stable and a gas to play. If you are looking into one from Tim I think you'll be happy with your purchase. The Vikings that I've had my hands on have been very well crafted and if you do buy from Tim he has very good customer service.

sumitomo
November 28th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Oh no G.A.S.! Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
November 30th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I was wondering how you like this guitar now that you've had a chance to get to know it a bit more. I've already paid for one from an eBay seller named Tim (Mauery, I think). I've talked with him on the phone and I think he might be the same guy that you mention in the thread. I believe he lives in Salisbury, MD. I can't really change my mind about the purchase but I was wondering if the guitar has performed to your expectations and how you like the sound and quality of the guitar now that you've had it a while.

Hi Bluenote! Welcome! Stop on over and post an intro in "The Fret Players" section. You will get a bunch of warm welcomes and get to know a few folks I am sure. I was out of town this weekend and am just getting around to replying to you.

As Spudman noted, he and I both bought our Hags from Tim. I was quite pleased and the review above tells it. Well, a year later and I feel the same way. Expectations, sound and quality fully met, and exceeded frankly. I did not think I was going to get this nice a guitar when I ordered it. The guitar sounds great, plays great, and was exactly the right second electric for me to buy. I suspect and bet you will be pleased. It will be fun for you to play around with blending the bridge and neck pups, playing full neck and full bridge, and messing around with the tone knobs. Lots and lots of tones in the clean section. And then when you feel like getting dirty and rocking it up, it will take you there fast. Sustain for weeks! Lots of fun for sure, and it has not diminished in the first year's ownership.

It is a good season for this guitar, as I am doing jazzy/bluesy versions of Christmas tunes, going for smoky jazz tones with a bit of sparkle. And mine is a good color for the season too. Have fun! :happy EDIT: BTW, what color did you get?

Oh, and re: the amph, I would say save just a little more and get a Vox DA-5 at least, or just a little more yet and get a Peavey Vypyr 30. Lots to play with there, and a good sound for the money. More versatile than the really little frontman amphs I think.

Bluenote
December 1st, 2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks everyone for responding. The guitar arrived yesterday and I was able to briefly check it out in the evening after work although as I mentioned I don't yet have an amp to plug into. The one thing that I noticed right away was that one each of the tone and volume knobs was loose. Aside from prying the pot shaft wider at the top I think the solution to the problem would be to replace the knobs as an easy fix. The loose knobs just seem to have a bit too large opening. Does anyone know if these pot shafts are course or fine splines? Also, just wondering if you guys registered your guitars with Hagstrom for warranty purposes?

Aside from the loose knobs the guitar looks great and for the money it looks like a lot of guitar. I'll post again about that once I have played it (with my limited abilities).

I'll gladly accept any advice on fixing the loose knobs and what the spline sizes are.

Thanks for the welcome Sunvalleylaw and I will try to post in the newbie section with an intro soon. BTW, I have the red Viking. I actually found Fret.net by doing an image search for Viking on Google and pictures of your guitar came up from this site.

Spudman
December 1st, 2009, 09:46 AM
If those shafts are split then gently take a flat blade screwdriver to them and very carefully put a little pressure in the split to make it wider. It doesn't take very much. If they are not split then try Teflon plumbers tape around the shaft and then put the knob back on. It shouldn't take much of this either.

Bluenote
December 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the response Spudman. The pots have the split shaft so I'll try to widen them a bit.

MAXIFUNK
December 2nd, 2009, 12:29 AM
new GEAR GAS

1st I learned about Collings Guitars
then Heritage Guitars
now these GAS AND MORE GAS i NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY REAL BAD. LOL

Bluenote
December 4th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Here is a pic of me with the new Viking that I bought from Tim. I'm still deciding on the amp and giving that Peavey Vypyr that Sunvalleylaw recommended some serious thought.http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1391

sunvalleylaw
December 4th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Sweet! Looks very familiar. :AOK Re: the amph, make sure you go play one, and also a Vox AD 30 or something like it. I like the Peavey a lot, but when you go play it you will probably need to tweek the pre-sets it has dialed in, unless the shop has already done so. At least I did. They tend to come set up to be oversaturated with gain. Have fun with that new axe!

Bluenote
December 4th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the info. It may be difficult to play that particular amp without traveling maybe an hour or more.. The music shops in the area have limited showroom stock but I'll do some calling around about it. It is part of the reason that I shop online so much (cost savings can be substantial also).

I was wondering if this is the amp that you have and also what you think of the smaller Peavey Vypyr 15. As far as output for a live performance I don't anticipate that happening any time too soon so I am thinking of this first amp as a practice amp really. The other difficulty with my selection process is that I've never owned or really played much electric guitar so I don't know what features are valuable in an amp. With the limited playing that I've done all that I can really hear is that adjusting the guitar's tone controls changes the sound from low to high (like bass/treble) and reverb creates an echo-like effect? I'm not sure what too much gain would sound like.

I would like to achieve a David Gilmour-like sound (as much as I can without a Strat) for playing some of the leads that he has written over the years that I will be trying to learn at some point. Otherwise I don't have a desired sound in mind. I think that I should be able to play clean jazz tones with the Viking also? I'm unsure how to manipulate sound through the amp/distortion box stuff so anything you can suggest would be a great help if you might have the time to give me a bit of advice on it.

Commodore 64
December 31st, 2009, 01:11 PM
My advice is to find a solid state amp, used, on craigslist. Look for something 20w or more. I ended up with a Fender Stage 1000 (1 x 12, solid state with digital flanger, reverb, tremolo, delay etc) with a foot pedal. I've been really pleased with this amp. It was basically brand new, I got it for $200.

An SS amp with some digital effects or models will be good to mess around with and discover your sound. The digital effects are great to play around with, to see what you like. I didn't fully appreciate my Fender amp until I got a Blackheart Little Giant...I had read so much hype about tubes that I continually second guessed the Fender. I was wrong. I use the Fender more often than my LG.

Bluenote
January 1st, 2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestions and info Commodore 64. I got a recommendation for the Peavey Vypyr 30 from Sunvalleylaw and I think it was good advice. I've been playing the amp now for a few days and still exploring all of the options. So far it has been nothing but pure enjoyment. I really like the versatility of the Vypyr. At this point I don't play out so it is everything that I need and I think it will serve me well as I am developing my skills.

Blaze
January 3rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
in Canadian money deal here

http://www.lamusic.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VIKINGII&CartID=2

Robert
January 3rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Blaze, that's a Viking II. Ugly headstock! Beyond that, I don't know what the difference are compared to the regular Viking.

sunvalleylaw
January 3rd, 2010, 07:41 PM
Blaze, that's a Viking II. Ugly headstock! Beyond that, I don't know what the difference are compared to the regular Viking.

A Viking II has a bolt on neck rather than set neck. That much I know. The specs are otherwise different too in some respects, according to Hagstrom's site. It might be a fine guitar for all I know, but it is not the same as the Vik Standard or Deluxe in specs.

sunvalleylaw
January 19th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Here is Robert's excellent video review, so anyone that finds this thread will find his info too:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=15415

BTW, I am still absolutely loving mine! :dance :thumbsup :happy

AlwaysTheNewbie
June 29th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Plainly made this account to thank SVL for his brilliant review of the Viking and his very passionate love for this guitar! Because of this, I have saved up my money (which is very hard for an 18 year old!) to get this beautiful guitar! I'll be getting it in a couple of days so most likely, I'll be back here within a week to thank you again! But for now! From the sunny country of Scotland, SVL, THANK YOU!
Also, I got the red! (Also down to this threads influence!)

sunvalleylaw
June 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Cool! I hope you love it just as much as I do! Let us know when you get it and how you end up liking it.

oldguy
June 29th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Plainly made this account to thank SVL for his brilliant review of the Viking and his very passionate love for this guitar! Because of this, I have saved up my money (which is very hard for an 18 year old!) to get this beautiful guitar! I'll be getting it in a couple of days so most likely, I'll be back here within a week to thank you again! But for now! From the sunny country of Scotland, SVL, THANK YOU!
Also, I got the red! (Also down to this threads influence!)

SVL,

Good job!
You've helped a young man from Scotland find his dream guitar.

sunvalleylaw
June 29th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Amazing, isn't it? Gotta like it. You guys got me all hooked, (ok, I was a little already before I joined, even though I didn't own an amph yet) and I am just passing it forward.

sunvalleylaw
November 17th, 2011, 11:49 PM
This review may be a work in progress and I may add to it as time goes, but here are my impressions after having it a few weeks.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/sunvalleylaw/Viking.jpg

Bottom line, two thumbs up :AOK: :AOK: , and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering one.

I still love this guitar. Just sayin'! The warmth and lush tones, combined with a very silky, sultry feel make this one to go back to time and again. I still highly recommend it.

Tig
November 18th, 2011, 01:07 AM
I still love this guitar. Just sayin'! The warmth and lush tones, combined with a very silky, sultry feel make this one to go back to time and again. I still highly recommend it.

I could easily enjoy that guitar, so keep it locked up! :drool