PDA

View Full Version : Let's grow a beard

Jimi75
November 7th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Hey folks,

Once in a lifetime a man has to let his beard grow. Don't you think so, too? I think the idea is appealing to most men and most of my friends including myself have tried it. At least a 10 weeks grow. Unfortunately, I didn't make any pictures, but if the times is right and the moment feels good I'm gonna let a full beard grow again. It felt kind of cool, I knew that poeple were looking at me because of the beard, I felt like my appearance was let us say more serious (I trimmed the beard, it was not wildly growing). I had to cut it, because my wife didn't like the scratching.....shaving was a though thing because if you let your beard grow, you get used to it and in fact you do not want to shave the beard. In some way the outer appearance influences the inner appearance, in some way you change.

Nowadays, I wear a moustache plus chin beard, the pirate beard that you see in my avatar ;-)

How about you, have you ever let it grow? Do you have pictures you can show? What was your experience?

To all of you who never made that experience I suggest trying it. It's worth it! :AOK:

;)
Jimi

Spudman
November 7th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I tried facial hair...once. It wasn't pretty and all these really strange older chicks started hitting on me. I wasn't comfortable with that.

Andy
November 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I'm currently growing mine out but ,,there is alot of grey happening!

sumitomo
November 7th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Mine grows in patches,but I've got a hippy elephant!Sumi:D

Tone2TheBone
November 7th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Growed some out just before Halloween to compliment my pirate get up but I shaved it off after. It takes forever for my facial hair to grow out and it's not very thick so off it went. I don't want to look too old just yet either.

tunghaichuan
November 7th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I'm 43 years old and I still don't need to shave every day. :D I tried growing a beard once in my 30s, but the longer hair just made my face itch.

tung

tunghaichuan
November 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I tried facial hair...once. It wasn't pretty and all these really strange older chicks started hitting on me. I wasn't comfortable with that.

As Brian Krashpad says, old chicks are MILF-tastic. :AOK:

tung

R_of_G
November 7th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I have a full beard for 10 years. I keep it somewhat trimmed so I look "professional" enough for my job, but it's still a thick full beard. My skin never reacted well to shaving. I finally figured out that I didn't need to be doing that to myself every day, or ever again. I like the beard much better. My wife does too. :)

Spudman
November 7th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Mine grows in patches,but I've got a hippy elephant!Sumi:D

You are so twisted. :beer:

duhvoodooman
November 7th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I grew a mustache once. I looked like a d*ck with it (no, not literally). Haven't tried again....

warren0728
November 7th, 2008, 10:33 AM
i don't like a full beard but have had a goatee for over 20 years....it varies in length depending on my mood....from close shaven to 4 or 5 inches....i have kept it long for a number of years because i kept my hair really short (buzz cut) but now that i'm letting my hair grow out again i might keep it shorter....

Glacies
November 7th, 2008, 10:47 AM
at 15, I convinced a 25 year old girl I was 20 and she dated me for a week before she gave me the axe.

I also never got carded at a bar because I started growing all my wonderful facial (and body) hair in the 4th grade.

I have to shave everyday with that stupidly expensive stupid fusion thing from gillette or else it goes down to the floor.

I usually grow a winter Go-T but it's such a pain to trim that this year I might skip it, not sure. It'll get thicker than the hair on my head, which pisses me all off.

edit to clarify on the 25 year old

Radioboy950
November 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I think I've done enough damage already...I mean...just look at me. You'd think I was Jo-Jo the dog-faced boy.:D

hubberjub
November 7th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Full beard for ten years now. I had to shave it off twice because I accidentally slipped while trimming it.

just strum
November 7th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I had a mustache/chin hair (NBA style) for a number of years, but shaved it off about a year ago because it made me look old. With I look 54, without - 53.

Tried growing a beard once, but it only came in full on my cheeks - looked like an *** end of a poodle.

sumitomo
November 7th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Wow Radioboy I'll bet it costs you alot in soaps and shampoo.Sumi:D

The_Shredinator21
November 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
We'll i am 14, i have been shaving every 2 days or so since i was 12:bravo:
Victory to the teen:master:

just strum
November 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM
We'll i am 14, i have been shaving every 2 days or so since i was 12:bravo:
Victory to the teen:master:

Uhmm, I don't think we were discussing our legs.:poke:

markb
November 7th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Twenty years behind the beard for me. The price I paid for being a folk musician is my excuse. I've been beard free for about five years now. One day at a time :)

just strum
November 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Twenty years behind the beard for me. The price I paid for being a folk musician is my excuse. I've been beard free for about five years now. One day at a time :)

Just remember we are here for you.

oldguy
November 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I grew a goatee thing about 5 yrs. ago........was gonna shave it, but it seems to irritate so many other people I decided to keep it..............
Plus my wife seems to like it......dunno why.;)

marnold
November 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I've had a goatee since 1993--ironically I first grew it to try to scare off the woman who is now my wife. Turned out she liked it. You think I'm kidding. I had a full beard for about a year. I wouldn't mind having one again but my wife thinks otherwise.

markb
November 7th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Just remember we are here for you.

Thanks. You guys are just so, aw shucks, :cry: :cry:

bigoldron
November 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I'm 43 years old and I still don't need to shave every day. :D
tung

I hate you. :mad:

I hate shaving, but if I don't I look like an old street beggar. For the last few years, I've grown my "winter beard" just to annoy my wife and to not have to shave (as much). The only problem is, other than the ITCH, is that there's getting to be too much gray in it. Starting to bear a strong resemblance to the fat man in the red suit. :D

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Beyond a George Michael type 3 day growth look, I just can't get myself to grow a beard, or a mustache. I have done it, but shave soon after. Just not me I guess. I also dislike the feel on my skin past skipping one day. Closest thing I get to I guess is my long sideburns I tried out for a while a few summers ago, while I was running a lot and being inspired by the legend of Steve Prefontaine. I did not do his mustache though.

Same thing with piercings and tats. I wanted to go get an earring back in the 80's and almost did, but I looked in the mirror and decided I would look like I was trying to hard to be cool if I did. Again, just not me I guess. I admire people that can pull it off though.

just strum
November 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Closest thing I get to I guess is my long sideburns I tried out for a while a few summers ago,

Is that when you wasn't sure if you wanted long sideburns, so you only tried it on one side?

I use to have a pierced ear, but in the industry I work in and the people I have to meet, I can't do that anymore. If it wasn't for that, I would probably pierce it again - argh, matey.

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I tried it on one side, and did a "comb under" to the other side. :rotflmao:

tjcurtin1
November 8th, 2008, 10:08 AM
As Brian Krashpad says, old chicks are MILF-tastic. :AOK:

tung

OK - I'm kind of afraid to ask... as I'm behind the curve on pop culture... but can MILF-tastic be defined in terms suitable for a family newspaper?

Wait, let me guess - does is have anything to do with Mother-In Laws?

just strum
November 8th, 2008, 10:13 AM
OK - I'm kind of afraid to ask... as I'm behind the curve on pop culture... but can MILF-tastic be defined in terms suitable for a family newspaper?

Maybe a PM response?

tunghaichuan
November 8th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Not really. Look it up on Wikipedia, don't Google the term, trust me on this one. :eek:

I believe the term comes from American Pie.

tung

just strum
November 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM
don't Google the term, trust me on this one. :eek:

tung

:rotflmao: didn't even think of the results of doing that. Guess we won't see Shiner for the rest of the weekend.

hagarfreak33
November 8th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I go back and forth between the Beard and the Goatee-right now the beard is around-i have a huge face and look very odd without some hair on it- i look very odd with hair on it too:):D

tjcurtin1
November 8th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Not really. Look it up on Wikipedia, don't Google the term, trust me on this one. :eek:

I believe the term comes from American Pie.

tung

Err, Googling is exactly what I did first - it was confusing (as it was referenced in very different ways) and then started to look dicey - I quit when I got to a post referring in those terms to Sarah Palin... will check Wiki next.

---------------------------
Just back from Wiki - oh, my......

cobalt
November 9th, 2008, 12:03 AM
count me in. I'm newly bearded. I have had it for about 3 months now. Never had one before. I have had gotes and mustaches though. I like my beard don't miss shaving. Only thing is that it looks like I dipped it in milk. Gettign older I guess.

pes_laul
November 9th, 2008, 06:24 PM
well last summer I decided to grow mine out and it came out bright blonde :eek: so I thought about doing the zz top thing but that would take to long and it eventually just grew outwards instead of downwards

The_Shredinator21
November 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Uhmm, I don't think we were discussing our legs.:poke:

yea im talking about facial hair, beard, and mustache

just strum
November 9th, 2008, 06:53 PM
yea im talking about facial hair, beard, and mustache

Maybe I should have saved that for Pes, should have figured his post would be coming.

pes_laul
November 9th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Maybe I should have saved that for Pes, should have figured his post would be coming.
well at least it doesnt have to do with the jonas brothers or hannah montana:poke:

just strum
November 9th, 2008, 07:19 PM
well at least it doesnt have to do with the jonas brothers or hannah montana:poke:

True. We wouldn't saddle you with that label.

bigoldron
November 16th, 2008, 12:42 AM
True. We wouldn't saddle you with that label.

Nope. We're saving that for your buddy Shred. :rotflmao:

Kazz
November 16th, 2008, 09:12 AM
When I lived in Oregon each fall was deer and elk hunting 1 week in Sept and 1 week in October so from Sept til usually Thanksgiving I always let it grow....would get tired of it by Turkey day and give up....

just strum
November 16th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Hey, speaking of hunting, it's time for the hunting girl to make her appearance.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/InvisibleBuck.jpg

warren0728
November 16th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Hey, speaking of hunting, it's time for the hunting girl to make her appearance.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/InvisibleBuck.jpg
i know i've said it before....but it's worth repeating....nice rack.... :beer: