PDA

View Full Version : trying craig's list one more time

warren0728
November 7th, 2008, 05:39 PM
well....trying one more time....this time the deal is my unmodded valve jr and $30 for a fender super champ xd....supposed to meet tomorrow to make the deal....hope it works out better than the last time.... :thwap:

he has a 4 ohm cab and wants an amp with a 4 ohm output....the xd is 8 ohms....the valve jr. is 4 ohms....

oldguy
November 7th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Warren, hope the deal works out for you. Sound like you'd both come out a winner. Best of luck!:AOK:

warren0728
November 8th, 2008, 05:10 PM
well....i guess i'm two for two.... :thwap:

called today....left a message....no returned call....sent an email....no returned email....what the f is up with these craig's lister's.... :confused:

Algonquin
November 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
That's brutal! Some people's children :reallymad:

tunghaichuan
November 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM
well....i guess i'm two for two.... :thwap:

called today....left a message....no returned call....sent an email....no returned email....what the f is up with these craig's lister's.... :confused:

Probably got a cash offer. :whatever:

Sometimes I can't even get sellers to return my emails, even a couple of sellers who posted the same thing two or three times a week for a month. :confused:

tung

warren0728
November 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Probably got a cash offer. :whatever:
that's the weird part....he was looking to trade for a 4 ohm amp for his cab.... :thwap:

frustrating....

just strum
November 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
that's the weird part....he was looking to trade for a 4 ohm amp for his cab.... :thwap:

frustrating....

Maybe it's the plaid shorts.:poke:

tot_Ou_tard
November 9th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Maybe it's the plaid shorts.:poke:
Do they have a 4 or 8 Ohm output? :D

warren0728
November 9th, 2008, 08:08 AM
update....got an email from him late last night...he was in an accident yesterday and forgot all about our meeting...we are going to try and meet up today....we'll see....

warren0728
November 9th, 2008, 05:25 PM
success! i met up with him today and we made the trade....my un-modded version 1 epiphone valve jr. and $30 for his fender super champ xd!

i will give a full review later but so far i like this amp....here are a couple of pics....click for bigger ones....

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_35491770483f8fa.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=779)

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_3549177048134c6.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=778)

next i will probably sell my vox ad30vt and get a low wattage (5 watt or less) head and cab....then use my rp250 for amp modeling and effects....

just strum
November 9th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Alright and as my daughter would say - SCORE!!!

Very nice. I know nothing about those amps, but then again I know nothing about most amps. It looks cool just sitting there.

I've been gassing for a new/used amp, need to find a deal like yours.

Congrats on the latest addition.

sunvalleylaw
November 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Very cool Warren! Glad it worked out for you.

Algonquin
November 9th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Looks great Warren... how's it sounding? :munch:

oldguy
November 9th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I've got one of those amps, Warren. I love it...........warm and clean tones, and the digital effects and overdirives are really nice also. I won't say it compares to the higher-end Fender amps, but for what it is, it's really good.
Just my opinion..............:whatever:

warren0728
November 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM
i really didn't get much time to play it....but i did play my prs with the p90 and my gibby lp with p100's through the 1st channel (no digital effects)....tone was good....i am happy with the trade....the version 1 valve jr hum bugged me and i didn't really want to attempt to mod it....so giving it up didn't hurt too bad....i'll give it a good workout in the next few days and report back!

Tone2TheBone
November 12th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Congrats Warren that's a nice looking amp.

bigoldron
November 12th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Nice looking amp Warren! I missed this post, but she looks sweet! Bet she sounds good!

warren0728
November 12th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Nice looking amp Warren! I missed this post, but she looks sweet! Bet she sounds good!
not when i'm playing through it! :thwap: :rotflmao:

actually i haven't had much time to play it....been busy during the day and since i'm in a condo playing it loud at night doesn't work! i do like what i hear so far! :pancake:

F_BSurfer
November 12th, 2008, 03:46 PM
cool glad it work out for you nice deal too