PDA

View Full Version : Why did I leave this in its case for five years?

markb
November 7th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I dug my strat out a few weeks ago after five years of dedicated tele playing. I'd forgotten how nice they can be. It's fast taking over as no. 1 guitar again after taking it out to a couple of jams and getting back into the sheer variety of tones that only a strat can do. It even twangs nicely if you hit it the right way :AOK:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/3011135233_458824cb07.jpg

sunvalleylaw
November 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM
My first guitar love. I think you can get them to twang too. Very versatile. Yours looks beautiful!

Tone2TheBone
November 7th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Nice photo and nice Strat Mark. :dude:

Gil Janus
November 8th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Very nice - love that pickguard :bravo:

Nice shot, I'm glad that you are enjoying your Strat once more.

Gil :cool:

M29
November 8th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I love that color combo, a sweet git indeed:AOK: It is awesome all the tones you can get out of em. Your sure to make her sing and twang markb!

duhvoodooman
November 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Well, you just know I'm gonna love how that Strat looks! :AOK: :dude: :AOK:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/Strat_new_black_body.jpg

just strum
November 8th, 2008, 12:58 PM
It would look nice in my BGC :drool:

street music
November 8th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Mark, you could always send it to me or the Tele , I would be glad to give it LOT.

markb
November 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Well, apart from a small dalliance with a Les Paul for a couple of years I played strats from '83-'03. The tele just sounded better through the Blues Junior I was gigging with at the time so it kind of took over.
This strat was sitting forlornly in the back of my local guitar pusher's shop one day in 1999 for about £150 less than a new American Standard. It had the world's worst setup so I got that thrown in for cash. It's a 1994 Special Edition which were commissioned by Fender Europe as a collector thing but never really got any attention. The pickups are definitely not AmStd models, the shop owner thought they were Texas Specials but they don't sound like that to me. I must check the part codes one day and ask Fender what they actually are. Here's the "special" neck plate. It makes all the difference ;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3068/3011971254_ddb71e2485.jpg

player
November 8th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Like the pickguard.was thinking of something along that line for the Fully SVL sold me.sweet axe Steve Thanks.and Thank Sir Spudley too :AOK: :rockon:

tot_Ou_tard
November 9th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Nice Mark!

So in 5 years are you gonna be wondering why you've left the tele in its case so long?

warren0728
November 9th, 2008, 08:35 AM
that is a beauty mark....now go open all your other cases and enjoy some variety! :AOK:

Guitar-Chris
November 9th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Hey, that's a real Strat beauty!

Concerning playing one guitar more often than the other: I know this. Sometimes I play my Telecaster as the only guitar for weeks. Then, suddenly, I love the warm tone if my J&D Les Paul Copy more.

That's the reason we have to buy more guitars than we can play at the same time. I explained this to my wife a hundred times, too.