PDA

View Full Version : BiYang effects pedals

Tibernius
November 8th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Anyone tried them?

http://www.biyang.com.cn/Prclass.asp?Id=1

I can get them for £35 each, according to the seller they're all analogue so that sounds like a pretty good price.

Andy
November 8th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Anyone tried them?

http://www.biyang.com.cn/Prclass.asp?Id=1

I can get them for £35 each, according to the seller they're all analogue so that sounds like a pretty good price.

I have seen these I believe under a different name , russian made?
tho I have not heard any

duhvoodooman
November 8th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Worth a try, at that price. Might be CCC (cheap Chinese crap), but there is obviously some pretty fine musical equip coming out of China, so you may end up very pleased with them.

markb
November 8th, 2008, 06:29 PM
600ms seems a lot from an analogue delay. I suspect there's a PT2399 chip at the heart of that one like so many "analogue" delays these days. The demos sound pretty good. They're producing an amp too, though I think the 2203 model number is a tad cheeky. I'm fascinated by the "UF-1 Guitar Flutters" pedal, the best name since the Ibanez Flying Pan.

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGZFKDic94&feature=related

Tibernius
November 9th, 2008, 04:45 AM
600ms seems a lot from an analogue delay. I suspect there's a PT2399 chip at the heart of that one like so many "analogue" delays these days.

A couple of people have said they've bought one of the delay pedals and it's stopped working after a couple of hours. That was the AD7 though, and it's possible there was a bad batch of them.

Ch0jin
November 10th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Stopped working, or flat battery?

I don't have one of these, but I do have a delay based on a PT2399 and that thing eats batteries like mad. A couple of hours max.

As an aside, nothing wrong with a little digital heart in a delay pedal either. Mines a GGG kit based on the AD80 and it's really, really sweet.

Tibernius
November 10th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Stopped working, or flat battery?

Stopped working.

Reliability : 1
Well, here's where it gets ugly. I took it to my first band rehersall and after 2 hours of use it began making what I'll call a low frequency oscillation. It absolutely spoiled my guitar sound. I immediately pulled it out if my signal chain! I was bummed!

Not too sure about that one. Sounds like the same person who did the review of that Yamaha amph.

Reliability : 1
The AD-7 pedal only worked for two hours, then the delay completely vanished... LED comes on, but no echo. I switched to another brand new battery & no change. Very disappointing, as Biyang claims to use the higher quality components for their pedals. I contacted them through ebay multiple times; they refused to compensate for shipping if I sent it back for repairs. There is no dealer here in the states that they work with for repairs. I didn't listen to the wiser voice in my head when I bought this Chinese made pedal, & I once again paid the price.

Ch0jin
November 11th, 2008, 07:28 PM
regarding this bit..

"Well, here's where it gets ugly. I took it to my first band rehersall and after 2 hours of use it began making what I'll call a low frequency oscillation. It absolutely spoiled my guitar sound. I immediately pulled it out if my signal chain! I was bummed!"

Umm, if that delay is based on the Ibanez AD80 (and I'd suspect it is) it's supposed to self oscillate if you wind the repeats to max. The originals do it and so does my clone. I wonder if thats what happened?