PDA

View Full Version : Ceriatone clip.....not pretty.....

oldguy
November 9th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Okay, so I've been working 6 days a week, for almost a year. I get home Sat. and leave Sun...... my playing's suffering as a result. I need a haircut and I'm getting fat from eating junk food. I woke up this morning and decided to make a quick video w/ the laptop.......built in webcam and mic....thought it'd be better than this......sorry.
But I present to you, in all it's glory, of a clip of me playing to a backing track w/ the Ceriatone Overtone Special I bought, w/ my Agile LP copy and a Digitech Digidelay. No other effects. The overdrive is the Ceriatone only, nothing added. I love this amp, I don't do it justice on this clip, tho. It has the nicest cleans and the best gain (for my style of noodling) of any amph I've found so far. If I ever get the chance, I'll try and make a proper clip with a good mike so you can really hear how good it sounds.
That and 4 or 5 bucks will get you a good cup of java at Starbucks.......
(really good, btw.....my son is a manager there.):D

LkBgtxxq6ok

aeolian
November 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Actually very pretty and fluid. I really like the tone of your Ceriatone, even just through the mic on you webcam. I look forward to when you can do a proper recording, it really would be something.

oldguy
November 9th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Actually very pretty and fluid. I really like the tone of your Ceriatone, even just through the mic on you webcam. I look forward to when you can do a proper recording, it really would be something.

Thank you, aeolian. The laptop mic and webcam are cheap,but better than nothing (I guess).

sunvalleylaw
November 9th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Nice to see you OG! I love the juxtaposition of those sophisticated sounding chords and the overalls. I always like your touch. Fluid is a good word for what I think about your playing. That Agile LP sounds very nice!

Ch0jin
November 10th, 2008, 01:34 AM
That was really cool man, nice and mellow.

Forgive the nerdy question, but what kinda laptop was that? I thought that actually looked and sounded quite decent for a laptop recording.

Amp sounds great too. I just keep hearing great things about Ceriatone amps. I'm guessing the overtone special is around the 50W mark with 2 x 6L6's, so I'm wondering how loud you were running it for that demo?

Anyway, Thanks for posting!!

warren0728
November 10th, 2008, 06:20 AM
excellent og....nice goove you had working there....tone was great! :bravo: :beer:

Jimi75
November 10th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Glenn, excellent represantation of the amph. As always you put momentum on the important things instead of noodling around! Okay, you recorded with a webcam, but I can still hear that the amp likes that paul-style guitar very much. The tone is thick and warm and the overdirve sounds very harmonic. You give a clear impression of the amp for everybody who might be interested in buying it.

Your playing is tasty and man I don't see no difference in your BMI to the older videos :rotflmao:

Greetz
Jimi

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 08:22 AM
I love the juxtaposition of those sophisticated sounding chords and the overalls.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 08:32 AM
That was really cool man, nice and mellow.

Forgive the nerdy question, but what kinda laptop was that? I thought that actually looked and sounded quite decent for a laptop recording.

Amp sounds great too. I just keep hearing great things about Ceriatone amps. I'm guessing the overtone special is around the 50W mark with 2 x 6L6's, so I'm wondering how loud you were running it for that demo?

Anyway, Thanks for posting!!

Thank you Ch0jin. HP pavilion dv6000 laptop I got on clearance so I could get online during the week. You're right on the amp, 50w m.o.l., 2 6L6's, bone stock just the way it arrived from Nik. It was loud enough to push some air through the 4x12 cab, you'd have to talk loudly to be heard over it. I didn't want the neighbors upset, but I wanted some tube warmth coming through. It will get really loud and stay clean, and the O/D channel gets better and better as you turn it up. Gain was about halfway on the clip.

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Glenn, excellent represantation of the amph. As always you put momentum on the important things instead of noodling around! Okay, you recorded with a webcam, but I can still hear that the amp likes that paul-style guitar very much. The tone is thick and warm and the overdirve sounds very harmonic. You give a clear impression of the amp for everybody who might be interested in buying it.

Your playing is tasty and man I don't see no difference in your BMI to the older videos :rotflmao:
Greetz
Jimi
Thanks, Jimi:D

Tone2TheBone
November 10th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Very nice Glenn that came out really good. Love that tone combo from the guitar and amp.

SuperSwede
November 10th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Thats a nice overdrive Glenn! Very smooth playing :)

Andy
November 10th, 2008, 10:11 AM
great way to wind down from a long work week,
nice job !

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Very nice Glenn that came out really good. Love that tone combo from the guitar and amp.

Thanks, Rob. I really like the amp. It makes all the guitars I've ran through it sound good so far. I just bought a Roadhouse Strat and love it through the Overtone also.:D

cobalt
November 10th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I can't believe how nice that sounded. BTW I have the same lap top love it.

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I can't believe how nice that sounded. BTW I have the same lap top love it.

Thanks, cobalt. I like the laptop, I just had to keep moving it back so I wasn't overloading the built in mic. I had it moved back quite a ways before it would record w/o distortion through the mic. Probably need to get a usb interface to use with my SM57........

Algonquin
November 10th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Well G, I said it over there but neglected to post it here.... it's good to see your posting again! Sounded great as always.

Oh ya... get a haircut you hippy

tjcurtin1
November 10th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Wow, really nice playing! I just jumped right into your groove there and floated along. Great sounds - I'm really amazed that a tiny built-in mic on a laptop would render that much tonal range and clarity!

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Well G, I said it over there but neglected to post it here.... it's good to see your posting again! Sounded great as always.

Oh ya... get a haircut you hippy

That's what I asked for, for my birthday..........:D

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Wow, really nice playing! I just jumped right into your groove there and floated along. Great sounds - I'm really amazed that a tiny built-in mic on a laptop would render that much tonal range and clarity!

Thanks, TJ..........the trick was figuring out how far away to place it from the amph so it didn't freak out. It came out better than expected, but still nowhere close to how the amph actually sounds. The harmonics jump out at you, and if you play poorly or don't play cleanly, you hear it immediately.
Just one more reason I need to find more time to practice..........:)