PDA

View Full Version : Cool how to video of simple blues playing

jazzIII
November 10th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I got an email about this and then checked it out for myself... very cool video about blues soloing. I've been having a lot of fun with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84cEzgO4Qwk

The guy's also got the tabs and jam track available if you go to his website which is in the video description.

hagarfreak33
November 10th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Very cool-is that the B.B. Box?

marnold
November 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Very cool-is that the B.B. Box?
Actually no. He's showing the Albert King box. I find myself spending a lot of time there.

Here's a little more on the Albert King box:
mBUge5TPfCs

As opposed to the B.B. King box:
YkqmL4cKkp4

Similar shapes, just different parts of the scale. B.B. also adds more "color notes" around the box that blend major and minor tonality. Using his example, the "color notes" would include the 10th and 12th frets on the G string and the 13th fret on the high E and B.

cobalt
November 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM
That looks like a great exercise I'm going to give it a try. Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting it.

just strum
November 10th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Nice thread jazz and nice addition Marnold.

Disraeli
November 18th, 2008, 11:30 PM
That was sweet.

sunvalleylaw
November 18th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hey, Robert, he has a Suhr!

Jimi75
November 19th, 2008, 05:03 AM
The 4 note example is great, there is so much you can do with such little notes. Oftentimes we forget about that and solo our way up and down the fretboard :)

@Marnold:
Stevie Snacks is a cool player. I have already watched a bunch of his videos. He has good talent to explain and show licks and tricks.

@Robert:
Have you seen and heard that Suhr? Man the fever is taking possession of me, too.....

oldguy
November 19th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Nice video! Thanks guys!

I need to calm down and practice this kind of playing more.
I always end up running all over the fretboard when so much feeling can be wrung out of just a few notes, played right.:thwap:

ShortBuSX
December 9th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Did anybody else sign up for the rest of that guys lesson?

I did and he keeps sending me emails with other really cool lessons.
Heres a link to some more (http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/lessons/g7blues/).

sunvalleylaw
December 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I did and he sent me some stuff too. I have not had a chance to watch it all.