PDA

View Full Version : Amph style suggestion

M29
November 10th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hello,

I did not care for the shiny brass strip that went across the front of my 18 watt. I took it off and replaced it with the same gold piping that goes around the front face of the amp. What do you guys think of the outcome. Do you like the shiny brass better? I also would like suggestions on how to tone down my logo. I like the logo but it is too much in my face, I almost like a plain face but there are already four holes there.

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/1004916504bd381b.jpg

Thank you for your time and help.

M

Spudman
November 10th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I like the metal strip. It looks classy.

Algonquin
November 10th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I don't mind the look of either really. You could always just reverse the label if you are tired of the logo, or you could remove and put in four screws to cover the holes. Put the original screws away with the logo, and try to colour match the screws to the cab with a little nail polish.

F_BSurfer
November 10th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I like without strip best nice looking cab did you build it yourself or have someone build it for you...I'm working on a 18w right now gonna have the cab built.Started a 5e3 couple years ago have the amp done finally got the cab done just need to do the tweed..That is the main reason for wanting to buy a cab for the 18w just not enough time in the day.

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I like it with the brass strip best. I think the logo could be replaced with a clear strip of something like lexan with a custom logo and look nice.

sunvalleylaw
November 10th, 2008, 10:00 PM
I like it with the brass strip best. I think the logo could be replaced with a clear strip of something like lexan with a custom logo and look nice.

I agree with that approach, but in any case like the brass strip myself.

warren0728
November 10th, 2008, 10:31 PM
i think i like it without the brass strip....as for the logo....i like the clear lexan idea....maybe with an etched logo....

cobalt
November 11th, 2008, 12:37 AM
+ 1 for the brass strip.

Ch0jin
November 11th, 2008, 01:08 AM
+1 Brass strip

I don't mid the logo at all. But to be honest, if it were mine, I'd likely stick the old style Marshall badge on it :)

M29
November 11th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Thank you all for the suggestions. I have the brass strip and can put it back which I may do down the road. It kind of gives it a Vox kinda flavor and is different.
I got this cab from Graydon at GDS and it is from Swanson Custom Sound Shop. The construction is very nice.

I am contemplating redoing my speaker cabs in red to match the head but don't know if I want to go through all that work again:thwap:

Thanks again guys.

M

duhvoodooman
November 11th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Another vote for that brass strip. Dresses it up nicely. :AOK: