PDA

View Full Version : oboy here we go...

Childbride
November 10th, 2008, 08:31 PM
:messedup: :( :eek:

i've actually been dreading this moment, but shiner has officially mastered the tascam.

i'm sick with a lovely sinus infection/uri thing right now, but we recorded, officially, tonight. i'm listening to it right now.

shiner music on the horizon. coming soon to a freakshow near you. :D :beer: :pancake: ;)

bigoldron
November 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM
CB, I hope you get to feeling better. I definitely can feel your pain on the sinus infection. I fought one for 7 months and finally got better. It stayed gone for about 3 weeks and now it's bbbaaaaccckkk... :thwap:

We want to hear your tracks. I'm sure they're fine! :bravo:

Childbride
November 10th, 2008, 08:49 PM
CB, I hope you get to feeling better. I definitely can feel your pain on the sinus infection. I fought one for 7 months and finally got better. It stayed gone for about 3 weeks and now it's bbbaaaaccckkk... :thwap:

We want to hear your tracks. I'm sure they're fine! :bravo:

[laugh]

no, you don't. i was singing tonight. :poke:

mebbe me playing... if i get shiner to edit all the naughty words... we'll see.

but i'm really excited about getting BG captured when she comes at xmas. she sings like an angel. :)

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 08:50 PM
:messedup: :( :eek:

i've actually been dreading this moment, but shiner has officially mastered the tascam.

i'm sick with a lovely sinus infection/uri thing right now, but we recorded, officially, tonight. i'm listening to it right now.

shiner music on the horizon. coming soon to a freakshow near you. :D :beer: :pancake: ;)

Sorry to hear you're sick, CB. Hope you get feeling better soon.
Don't be dreading, girl.........:)
I post stuff here all the time I thought would get me flamed.........never happened.............that's what's so great about this guitar family.....family......everyone's interested in all the members growing and learning. It's a beautiful thing. Post when you're ready (or when Shiner has time) and I'll promise you the members here will encourage and welcome your clips......promise.:)

Most of us would like to hear Shiner sing too.....I bet he has a lovely voice......:rotflmao:

Childbride
November 10th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Most of us would like to hear Shiner sing too.....I bet he has a lovely voice......:rotflmao:

:rotflmao: or something.

actually, he has an excellent singing voice. it's his speaking voice that gets him into trouble.

:rotflmao:

oldguy
November 10th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I had somehow already drawn that conclusion..........:D

Seriously, though, when you're ready, post some clips, both of you.
I think you and shiner will be pleasantly surprised at how happy other fretters are that you did. No pressure, just whenever you feel comfortable.
Sunvalley will vouch for me, I think???????????:)

Childbride
November 10th, 2008, 09:32 PM

I think you and shiner will be pleasantly surprised at how happy other fretters are that you did. No pressure, just whenever you feel comfortable.

i'm in the early stages of a new dawn for me.

i switched teachers recently, and after just two weeks, am re-learning sight-reading and finally making connections on the fretboard that i didn't make in fourteen months with the first teach. it's almost scary.

i got my first chunk of pink floyd's wish you were here... he was listening to my cd and putting it onto sheet music for me to sight read, and all of a sudden, i was jumping ahead by ear to fill in the notes. i was remembering all of my prior sight reading; i just don't know the relativity on the fretboard. but i'm figuring it out.

his exercises already have me playing better.

i've found my 'calculus teacher'.

i will play for y'all... just give me about 60 days to perfect what i'm working on right now, b/c i'm really feeling good about it. :)

sunvalleylaw
November 10th, 2008, 09:45 PM

I have had nothing but support here, and OG has been a huge encouragement, as well as many others. And, I generally will pick up a good hint or two for improvement. And if I can post my stuff, anyone can. Shoot, I did it after having played for less than half a year and still got encouragement. Bring it on Shiner, and CB! We want to hear it.

Oh, and no need to wait for perfection in my book. No time like the present. :AOK:

luvmyshiner
November 10th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Sigh . . . once again my lovely Child bride speaks of me too kindly.

I have NOT "mastered" the Tascam. I spent the last two days trying to figure out how to make the m*&^%r friggin' thing record a song.:reallymad: What I originally thought was a hardware problem turned out to be a limitation in the software. Since it is running version 1.001, I am hopeful that once I get it connected to the interwebs I can download a more user friendly version.

Until I can hook it up to the computer, I won't be able to post any clips. But be patient my friends. It took me two days to figure out how to do what we used to do on a cassette recorder with two buttons. The good news is tonight I recorded CB singing, and she sounds like an angel.:) Clips coming as soon as I earn an advanced degree in computer science and sound engineering.:thwap:

sunvalleylaw
November 10th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Dude, you went to law school. You're hosed! LOL! :D

Oh wait, I meant to be supportive. ;) Seriously, it will be way fun to hear clips when you get it dialed in.

piebaldpython
November 11th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Can't wait to hear y'all pickin' and a grinnin'. Maybe some yodelin' too?? :D

warren0728
November 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
can't wait to hear you play and sing cb....shiner not so much.... :poke: :rotflmao: :beer:

sunvalleylaw
November 11th, 2008, 02:04 PM
can't wait to hear you play and sing cb....shiner not so much.... :poke: :rotflmao: :beer:

But you never know, he could have a Tom Waits thing going on. ;) Shiner, I still want to hear you, and CB, goes without saying. Glad you guys are closing in on it.

sumitomo
November 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I'll bet you guys would watch Shiner lipsinc with his belly.Sumi:D

luvmyshiner
November 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I'll bet you guys would watch Shiner lipsinc with his belly.Sumi:D

Note to self . . . pick up digital video cam for the lipsinc project.:beer:

Childbride
November 11th, 2008, 09:40 PM
we've made like 10 takes of our first offering, and the funniest thing in the world is that the very first one is the one i like best.

and no, honey, unless angels sound like foghorns, i do not sound like an angel. :D

player
November 11th, 2008, 11:14 PM
we've made like 10 takes of our first offering, and the funniest thing in the world is that the very first one is the one i like best.

and no, honey, unless angels sound like foghorns, i do not sound like an angel. :D
May We be the judge of that? :D

Kazz
November 12th, 2008, 05:29 AM
giggity.....I cannot wait to hear from CB and Shiner....that will be such a treat.

M29
November 12th, 2008, 08:11 AM
You are among The Fret.Net friends here CB and they have all been good to my sorry jammin. Some of the best stuff comes when you don't expect it. I love the members clips and can't wait to hear ya:AOK:

M29

PAPPY
November 12th, 2008, 09:44 AM
I have heard Shiner sing and boy are you all in for a treat. So far we haven't gotten CB to sing for us but as sweet as she is she has to have a lovely voice.

Childbride
November 12th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I have heard Shiner sing and boy are you all in for a treat. So far we haven't gotten CB to sing for us but as sweet as she is she has to have a lovely voice.

:o :o :o

y'all are awfully nice. and you so don't know what you're asking for. :rotflmao:

ok, i'll sing for y'all. just promise to laugh where i can't hear it. :D

[and i could never say no to Pappy ;) ]

[edit: i talked to BG earlier, and she's all in to do a Shiner family production in december when she's here. now, THERE'S some talent, y'all... :D ]

street music
November 13th, 2008, 05:42 AM
I need that CB-Shines CD for Christmas gifts, HURRY UP! GET ER DUN!:poke:

luvmyshiner
November 13th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Man, I've been playing around tonight with some of the different effects this thing has, and I gotta tell ya' . . . THIS IS COOL!!!:beer:

If I have time tomorrow I'm going to pick up a USB cord and hopefully post something this weekend. It will be crude, but at least y'all will know I'm working on it. Something tells me this is one of those hobbies that could take a lifetime to get good at (not just the music, the recording, mixing and editing).

Rocket
November 13th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Man, I've been playing around tonight with some of the different effects this thing has, and I gotta tell ya' . . . THIS IS COOL!!!:beer:

If I have time tomorrow I'm going to pick up a USB cord and hopefully post something this weekend. It will be crude, but at least y'all will know I'm working on it. Something tells me this is one of those hobbies that could take a lifetime to get good at (not just the music, the recording, mixing and editing).
Tascam offers a "how-to" DVD tutorial (https://store.tascam.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=101)... it's for the DP-02 but they're basically the same with slightly different layout: $49

bigoldron
November 14th, 2008, 03:33 AM

If you need a long one, let me know. I may still have another one left over. I'd love to hear you and CB! :AOK:

Kazz
November 14th, 2008, 05:41 AM
If you need a short one let me know...I have about 50 of them here at the house...and I owe you a favor from that pick guard a while back...no sense dropping the kind of dough that Circuit City wants for a USB 2.0 cable when a standard cable works just fine.

Let me know if you want it...I can drop one in the mail early tomorrow morning you can have it by Tuesday would be my guess.

luvmyshiner
November 14th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Rocket, thanks for the heads up on the tutorial. One thing I've noticed is that the manual is woefully inadequate. I think they were trying so hard to keep it simple that they left out many of the necessary steps. I've had to basically play around with the thing just to figure out how to use it.

Thanks for the offer on the cable guys. I never buy my cables at Butt Buy or Circuit City. What an overpriced rip off. Alltech sells generic cables at a reasonable price. I'm not sure if they're a national chain or just a Waco store.

Rocket
November 14th, 2008, 09:56 AM
One thing I've noticed is that the manual is woefully inadequate. I think they were trying so hard to keep it simple that they left out many of the necessary steps. I've had to basically play around with the thing just to figure out how to use it.
Yessir... that's why I unloaded it! (Didn't stop me from getting the DP-02 tho!)

luvmyshiner
November 16th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Ok guys, need a little help. I've got music to post, but it's in WAV format and I'm not sure how to do this. A little help please?

Steve206
November 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Hey Mark,,

I really have no idea why I am responding, {martinis??}

Once I had the tune onto my hardrive. I went into Itunes, because that is where I have my computer do all the playing. I find the tune and then right click it. Of the choices, I pick the change to MP3. I let it play for a couple of moments and it dongs,{?} and I am ready to upload an MP3 through the boxnet. boys.

I just looked at this paragraph and realized that it may not contain any valuable information. The thoughts were pure, however.

And also, do not be surpised by your inability to fathom what the manual is putting down. I have the Zoom product and the manual seems to be aimed at someone, who may look like me, but definitely does not think the way I do.

Once you make the subtle changes in your personality, you will find yourself recording your *** off. At least, that is what I had to do,,,,,,

Steve

tunghaichuan
November 16th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Ok guys, need a little help. I've got music to post, but it's in WAV format and I'm not sure how to do this. A little help please?

I'm assuming you're using a PC, so:

Shiner, download Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows) and install it. Also download the LAME .mp3 converter and unzip the file in your Audacity directory. Audacity can't export files as .mp3. You need the LAME encoder to do this.

Import the .wav file into Audacity, then export the file as an .mp3 file using the LAME encoder. The first time you do this you'll have to point the program to the LAME .dll file, which should be in the unzipped folder in your Audacity directory.

tung

warren0728
November 16th, 2008, 04:37 PM
shiner....you definitely need to convert to mp3....if you don't want to fool with the conversion email it to me and i'll convert it for you....

Childbride
November 16th, 2008, 05:15 PM
shiner is extremely frustrated.

experiencing technical difficulties. please stand by. :)

luvmyshiner
November 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Ok, I've got it converted to MP3. What now?

Rocket
November 16th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Upload to Soundclick or Box.net

luvmyshiner
November 16th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Ok, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but it should be up over in "Member Clips".