PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Colorado!

Fab4
November 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Hi all.

I've gotten a few request from various people for sound clips and photos of my gear, so I was looking for a public place to post them. The Fret looks fun and friendly, so here I am am...and glad to be here.

About me: I've been a "paraprofessional" player in the Denver area for about 20 years. I toured with a country band for a couple of years, play musical theater and corporate pickup gigs, have a jazz project based around a (great) steel guitar player, have fronted various blues and rock combos, play solo Chetish stuff and generally try to make a go of it playing what I can where I can.

Instead of getting a Ferrari for my midlife crisis, I gave myself permission to go into debt for whatever guitars and amps caught my fancy - including custom Gibsons and Fenders, a custom Grosh ElectraJet, 50th Anniversary Gretsch 6120, that sorta stuff. I also have Tone King, Dr. Z and Allen 1x12 combo amps (no 4x12 cabs for me; I don't have roadies).

I'll be lurking around your posts and posting when I think I might have something useful to say. See ya!

Robert
November 11th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Great to have you here - a warm welcome to you! Nice gear you have.

Which guitar and amp of yours is your favorite right now?

warren0728
November 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM
welcome fab4....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Fab4
November 11th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Re: Favorite Gear

I don't really have favorites. I just try to find the right combination for whatever gig I'm doing, and I look for opportunities to use everything I have. It's a real chore to try to decide which of my really cool guitars and amps to take out on a given day. The world would be a happy place is we all had problems like that.

Highlights: Chambered '57 Les Paul Reissue in Brunswick Blue sparkle with Fralin P-92s. Dr. Z Maz38 Sr. with Weber Blue Dog 12". Taylor Doyle Dykes Anniversary acoustic. Roscoe Beck IV bass. (I met Roscoe at a clinic here. He'd played this bass and really liked it. He was going to recommend it to Tommy Shannon of Double Trouble, but I bought it instead. What was Tommy gonna do with it anyway? Play it all over the world with scads of famous people? Nah...)

oldguy
November 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Welcome to TheFret Fab4! Glad you joined us.:D
The Allen amp clips were killer.....thanks for posting them.
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=105992#post105992
Nice pics also. That looks/sounds like a great combo amp.

Andy
November 11th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Fab4 Welcome .

your experience and knowledge of gear will fit in well here.
no doubt,this is the friendliest(?) guitar/music forum on the web.

* almost forgot to add , I'm originaly from colorado springs .:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
November 11th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Welcome Fab4! I will look forward to your input and participation when you can. Thanks for joining.

cobalt
November 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Welcome fab4, I'm new here myself and have found these guys to be really supportive and honest, enjoy.

Spudman
November 11th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Hi fab4. Welcome.:wave:

My last road band was Denver based.

araT
November 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Welcome Fab4!

You've found the right place, these guys are smart, honest & helpful! There's nowhere better to be! :dude:

BluesHowler
November 11th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hello Fab41, I'm also from Colorado. I'm not what you would call a musician yet but I have quite a few instruments that I'm going to learn one of which is a lap steel. I also have a bass guitar and Fender Rumble 100 amp. My main guitar is a Ibanez Artcore semi hollow body and a Line 6 Spider III 75w amp.

I'd love to meet other Colorado musicians so if you ever want to just have someone hang around and listen to what you do e mail me.

Tone2TheBone
November 11th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Howdy neighbor. Welcome to the Fret. :)

Algonquin
November 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the Fret!
Cheers :beer:

duhvoodooman
November 11th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Fab4! Glad to have you with us. NICE GEAR!! Loved those Allen clips, too. Sweet sounding amp. Nice playin', too! :AOK: :dude: :bravo:

F_BSurfer
November 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
welcome to the fret fab4 really enjoyed your clips

Brian Krashpad
November 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Welcome Fab!

That's some high-end gear. I'd be afraid to take some of that out of the house! ;)

Fab4
November 20th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah...that can be a concern, but I try not to worry about it. If I'm gonna have it, by god, I'm gonna use it...otherwise the investment has no payoff. Plus, I have a couple of "anywhere" guitars that I toured with and are already well into the "relic-ing" process. If I don't know what I'm getting into on a gig, I'll take one of those.

Blaze
November 20th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Welcome , bienvennue Fab4 , beatles fan is it , well superb gear you have there & and good tasty playin..Have any snow out there ..

We ll see ya !

Blazes

Fab4
November 20th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Beatles fan for sure. Yeah yeah yeah. The photo on my profile shows me playing at a big country music festival in the middle of Nebraska (Comstock). The whole time I toured with my country band, I had a set of four Beatles buttons on the strap of my G&L ASAT (still do), which always made people wonder. I'm just a rugged iconoclast, I guess.