PDA

View Full Version : TC Electronic Nova Delay, and others

sunvalleylaw
November 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM
http://www.zzounds.com/item--TCENOVADELAY

What does anyone think of them?

I am also interested in the new MXR analog one, and would consider one of the Boss ones, and also the Digitech digi-delay. The above one seems to have a lot going for it and has tap tempo.

Robert
November 11th, 2008, 04:08 PM
It seems like a great unit. I was considering buying it, but went with the Boss DD-20 instead, which is cheaper, and I am very happy with it.

hubberjub
November 11th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I have used the Nova Delay and it sounded good. I have a Nova Modulator and it is great but it wasn't what I was looking for. The only thing that stopped me from buyint the delay was that it didn't have a loop function. Like Robert, I also settled on the DD-20. I haven't used the MXR Carbon Copy yet but I've heard good things. It's got the button to add modulation to the echos which is cool. It doesn't have the tap tempo feature but most people don't feel that they need it.

oldguy
November 12th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I have the Digitech Digidelay. It doesn't make as much noise as the Danelectro PB&J. The Behringer digital reverb (which is a whole different animal, I realize) colors/changes the sound of the amph totally, no matter how I adjust it...... not really happy w/ it.
The Digidelay seems pretty transparent, tho. I just barely tweak it for some ambience through the amph (the Ceriatone).

Jimi75
December 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Hi friends,

As my new amph will not be equipped with reverb, I wonder which pedal I could buy. How are the Digitech digital reverbs, do they colour the sound? Do you think it makes sense to buy a delay instead of a reverb? I heard some demos of tc electronic delays and it seems as if you can tweak them in such a way that you have a good echoe that substitutes the need for a reverb.

...Sorry this was supposed to become a new thread....will start a new thread...sorry!

Andy
December 17th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I have the tech21 boost delay (boost DLA). excellent unit !
It does a very convincing reverb as well as just about anything delay based including tape delay emulation to almost chorus-like echos.
It dials up both analog or digital tones, best of both worlds

I never cared for digitech products but I hear the newer pedals are much better(Hardwire?).

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
My instructor has the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay, and I have that on my Christmas list. It has a good price, and my instructor really likes it. He uses it in combination with the TC Electronic Nova, one for a slap back type effect. Jimi, I just use the spring reverb in my amph, so I cannot comment on your reverb question. That Tech 21 unit looks interesting!

markb
December 18th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Check out the Boss DD7. It looks like they've fixed all the stuff nobody liked in the DD6 and added a DM2 model.

sunvalleylaw
December 18th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I found two really nice vids featuring both the MXR Analog delay and the TC Electronics Nova. (there are a bunch of others there too.) Both look pretty cool. The last guitar demo the guy plays on the MXR vid sounds pretty darn famliar, something about a Wall I think.

xJPde-C28iU
MXR Carbon Copy

2f8HD8r3vsY
TC Electronics Nova
Hmm, there is that wall thing again.

A lot of other good pedal demos here too, and no vid of opening the box and looking at warranty cards. :AOK:

Jimi75
December 20th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Great videos! Great effects!

tot_Ou_tard
December 20th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I'm sure that this one is excellent, but it is way expensive.
http://www.diamondpedals.com/products/memorylane_2.html

sunvalleylaw
December 25th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I just received the MXR Carbon Copy for Christmas today, and know very little about what I am doing, but I am learning and having a ton of fun! I figured out the slap back setting, which is nice. Then I downloaded a backing track to "The Wall", and spent a good chunk of time acting like I was in seventh grade just playing with funky sounds in Dm, little pick noises, raking the wound strings, whatever, and just having a grand old time. Really fun, and a great sound I think.

sumitomo
April 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I just got one of these today and I like it,I have been playin with a church worship band (hispanic)and this will make strumming those chords sound much fuller,well see.Sumi :D MXR Carbon copy:dude: