PDA

View Full Version : Fast food. Yay or Neigh

The_Shredinator21
November 11th, 2008, 08:01 PM
There are many fast food joints out there.... Whats your favorite?

(:master: Subway rules!:pancake: )

just strum
November 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM

Arby's and Subway, but I try to avoid both. I love going to a local deli that just opened and picking up lunch meat, cheese, and fresh bread right out of the oven.

R_of_G
November 11th, 2008, 08:10 PM
None of the above. I don't eat fast food.

Robert
November 11th, 2008, 08:14 PM
All of them, almost.

Algonquin
November 11th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I used to like to go to a burger joint that started out in the east end of Toronto called 'Licks'. There's a similar family owned business out where I live now that makes a decent 'Home Burger'. We'll have that every now and then.

Edit: Fretter warning... don't google 'Licks' I made that mistake one day at work before when a co-worker told me I could print off an online burger coupon...

Here's the burger link if you're interested
http://www.lickshomeburgers.com/

just strum
November 11th, 2008, 08:22 PM
None of the above. I don't eat fast food.

How about good food made fast?

oldguy
November 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM

None of them!!!
Living away from home in a camper for a year, trying to eat right, and gaining 15 lbs. from eating this crap will make you realize there is no favorite...........just the same junk packaged differently.
(Rant over........please continue.):pancake:

pes_laul
November 11th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Can't go wrong with Chicken terriyaki sub from Subway :master:

just strum
November 11th, 2008, 08:39 PM
None of them!!!
Living away from home in a camper for a year, trying to eat right, and gaining 15 lbs. from eating this crap will make you realize there is no favorite...........just the same junk packaged differently.
(Rant over........please continue.):pancake:

Being away from home as you are, or in sales adds up to pounds real quick. Don't want to come home twice the man you use to be.

Childbride
November 11th, 2008, 09:05 PM
i've now had two dear friends suffer from massive heart attacks in the last 60 days. one died. one is recovering from being out for several minutes before they got him resuscitated.

one 58, one 60. the only fast food place we eat at is subway.

sorry if that's harsh, but i'm feeling mortality in a big ole way this week.

if i get the munchies, i eat a salad.

BluesHowler
November 11th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Add me to the list that does not eat fast food. I think it's been over 10 years since I've stepped foot in a McDonalds or Burger King. BaJa Fresh is as close as I'll come to fast food just because I love their fish tacos once or twice a year.

markb
November 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Does a steak pie from the dairy count?

sunvalleylaw
November 11th, 2008, 09:38 PM
We rarely visit fast food places. Maybe subway or Quizmos once in a while and I order healthy as possible when there. Taco Del Mar for a fish burrito once in a while.

WackyT
November 11th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Quiznos & Chipotle.

Yummy!

Spudman
November 11th, 2008, 10:19 PM

Subway for me too. Otherwise I just make good food at home...fast.

hubberjub
November 11th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Being a vegetarian (gasp!) means that most fast food restaurants are out. Subway and the occasional veggie burger from Burger King are my only options.

Glacies
November 12th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I freakin love Chic-Fil-A

but otherwise I don't eat out much - I'm too good of a cook :P

aeolian
November 12th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Baja Fresh is OK, Chipotle is pretty good too.

Edit: Sonic's food is not bad, and I like their drinks.

warren0728
November 12th, 2008, 01:47 PM
not a big fan of the fast food....every once in awhile i'll get some wendy's chili (with 4 or 5 of their hot sauce packets)....

just strum
November 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Being a vegetarian (gasp!) means that most fast food restaurants are out. Subway and the occasional veggie burger from Burger King are my only options.

I use to live with a vegetarian, but I couldn't do it. I tried it once and made it until Noon before I had to throw in the towel. Went right out and killed a cow.

However, a tip of the hat to you.

sumitomo
November 12th, 2008, 05:25 PM
There's a fish place close to my work with fish tacos to die for.Sumi:D

just strum
November 12th, 2008, 05:28 PM

Blind man walks past the fish store and tips his hat and says "Good morning..."

You should know the rest.

sunvalleylaw
November 12th, 2008, 06:20 PM

Shoot, I can't remember the name of da-kine soul food burrito "We roll the fatties" type place we went to while there. I think it had a "V" in the name and was near one of the turn arounds on the way out to Phil's trails. Do you mean that place? Next time I go to Bend, I have to call or email you to meet.

Andy
November 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM
surely some of you guys have better sub shops in your town than subway..! :thwap: l

warren0728
November 12th, 2008, 07:43 PM
surely some of you guys have better sub shops in your town than subway..! :thwap: l
i have to agree....subway sucks....we have a sub shop called firehouse subs....it rocks! fresh sliced high quality meats and cheeses....buns are toasted and the meat and cheese is steamed....so you get a toasty sub roll....hot and melted meat and cheese with crisp cold veggies....oh man i'm getting hungry.... :drool:

sunvalleylaw
November 12th, 2008, 08:18 PM

Absolutely! If you ever come to Ketchum/Sun Valley, you have to go to Johnny G's Subshack. Excellent! and other than the white sub bread that he will "scoop" to reduce carbs if you ask, it is NOT junk food, at least the way I order. :AOK:

marnold
November 12th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I live in a little town with slightly less than 3,000 people. The only chains we have in town are Burger King and Subway. There's an A&W about six miles away. A&W's food is better than the vast majority of chains and of course their root beer rules. Nevertheless, I don't have the spare $$ nor the stomach to eat out at fast food places very often. If I lived closer to my favorite Chinese place in Green Bay, my dinner of hot and sour soup and a couple of egg rolls would be my idea of fast food.

Instead of going out to a fast food place a few times, I'd rather save my $$ and go out for a nice steak someplace or the aforementioned Chinese.

Glacies
November 13th, 2008, 06:11 AM
[QUOTE=warren0728]i have to agree....subway sucks....[QUOTE]

I don't think thier subs are particularly great, but what is a huge turnoff about subway around here for me is:

A. Thier workers don't pronounce words and expect me to know what my options are

Them: "whaaa brehhh"
Me: "uhh bread?"
Them: "yeh"
Me: "uhhh what are the options?"
Them: "blah blah blah blah and blah"

I usually have to ask them 5 times before I choose the first word I actually hear

B. The people behind me get frustrated with me when I do that. I'm sorry but I can't freakin hear the guys...

C. They get all judgemental when I put peppers on everything. I've had a few "are you serious?" - "yeah - put it on my damn sandwhich and give it to me!"

Jimi75
November 13th, 2008, 06:18 AM
A clear yay! I love Burger King and I love Turkish Kebap and Falafel.

Andy
November 13th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Hey Jimi75,In Berlin I lived on donnar kababs, 24/7