PDA

View Full Version : I made a song! New! Listen, torture yourself!

Brian Krashpad
November 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/32831/01%2001%20Track%201.mp3

This is a song I recorded last night in a few hours at a local studio, for a homeless outreach charity. Assuming the upload worked.

The lyrics are lefty so any of y'all neocons need not listen, or listen at your own risk. :D I do say the word "piss" in each chorus, which may not be work safe if you have speakers or something.

Feel free to criticize if you like, it was slapped down in one evening and most everything is first or second take with minimal punch-ins. But I'm fairly broke right now so this is as good as it'll get. I play the guitar and bass parts, and the lead and one of the backing vocals (the lower register one). My friend and the studio engineer did the higher backing vocal.

It's old school punk rock and roll. So don't click if you're expecting anything polished at all. It's pretty much a Chuck Berry doublestop-fest. :D

Algonquin
November 12th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Shades of Ramones... so right of the bat I liked it.

Good post Bri! :bravo:

warren0728
November 12th, 2008, 08:46 AM
good job brian.... :bravo: :beer:

Jimi75
November 12th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Hey Krash, it sounds pretty cool! Something I would definitely listen to more than once! Good production and a fine attitude!

The Goo Goo Dolls sounded a lot like that before they entered the fame and glamour world of Hollywood.

Greetz
Jimi

:beer:

sunvalleylaw
November 12th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Chuck Berry double stop fest indeed! I like it! It would be fun to bounce up and down to live. :bravo:

R_of_G
November 12th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I love it Brian, particularly the lyrics. It's an interesting blend with "socially conscious" lyrics and good-time rock and roll music. Works well for me. Well done!:AOK:

Brian Krashpad
November 12th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah Jimi, I saw Goo Goo Dolls when they were opening for Soul Asylum back in the day before they had any hits. Superstar Car Wash (I think that's the name) is a very good album.

And Steve, you're right, it would be good to pogo to. :AOK:

aeolian
November 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM
3 chords and attitude, what else do you need?!

Brian Krashpad
November 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM
3 chords and attitude, what else do you need?!

Haha, true dat! I love the old punk t-shirt that was something like this:

http://thesis.mekerr.com/now%20start%20a%20band%20tee.jpg

player
November 12th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Nice Brian - catchy toe tapper. :bravo: