PDA

View Full Version : Sticking With the Food Theme

just strum
November 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM
What is your favorite meal - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner? What is you favorite food with that meal?

Despite docs orders, I love breakfast. I can sit down and eat a dozen eggs, I love fresh sausage patties and so-so on bacon. Waffles, muffins, toast any of those with the breakfast is fine with me. Let us not forget :pancake:

the eggs can be fried, scrambled, omelette's, soft boiled, hard boiled, doesn't matter.

Tone2TheBone
November 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I like breakfasts on weekends. I like lunches at work with fresh sammich ingredients and fruit and veggies. I like dinner at home and at a restaurant. I guess I like food.

sumitomo
November 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I like breakfast,granola with rasberries and use almond milk.Big change for me cause a few years ago it was three big cups of coffee and 5 or 6 cigs.Sumi:D P.S. I feel better now than I have since I was thirty.

just strum
November 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I like breakfast,granola with rasberries and use almond milk.Big change for me cause a few years ago it was three big cups of coffee and 5 or 6 cigs.Sumi:D P.S. I feel better now than I have since I was thirty.

Did you leave the cigarettes whole or did you break them up in your coffee?

sumitomo
November 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I smoked them,about a pack a day for twenty five years and used to drink beer for twenty plus.Stopped beer drinkin about five years ago (HepC) and stopped smokin about two years ago.I never thought I would stop smoking and it is so great to be free of that nasty stinkin habit.(I can say that I paid my dues)Sumi:D

Robert
November 12th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Supper. After a hard day's work, it's gonna taste good! :)

Katastrophe
November 12th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I love food in general (and eat too much, judging by my expanding waist line). I'm with you, Strummy.

I love eating a good breakfast, consisting of:

Fried eggs (over medium)
Hash browns
Sausage
Pancakes (NOT prepared Warren style) OR
Texas Toast OR
Biscuits and gravy OR
Chicken Fried Steak OR
Steak n' eggs OR
Venison backstrap with milk gravy.

My cholesterol count went up significantly just typing this post. I very rarely eat a breakfast this heavy, but when I do, it's a serious matter!

EDIT: Incidentally, me and Mrs. Kat are still 100% smoke free. Food tastes so much better now.

marnold
November 12th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I'd prefer a big breakfast at brunch or lunchtime. My stomach takes a while to get going.

Childbride
November 12th, 2008, 09:18 PM
i've never eaten breakfast... [post-hs, that is.] mom made me eat SOMETHING before i left the house. under protest.

if we eat lunch, we eat a light snack for supper.

or vice versa.

Spudman
November 12th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Breakfast!
I love getting up knowing that I get to get fueled up for the day and then play hard and try to burn off all that I just ate. It's so much fun!

bigoldron
November 12th, 2008, 10:32 PM

There ain't too many meals I don't like to eat. If you've seen a picture of me, then you know I'm not lying.

BUT, Sumi, dude. That avatar is FREAKING ME OUT! I'm just about to lose my appetite just thinking about it. :puke: :messedup:

Sorry, man, maybe it's just me... :eek:

sumitomo
November 12th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Yea I agree with ya ron he was freakin me out too.He was some toothless cuban dude,reminded me of a snappin turtle.Sumi:D

street music
November 13th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Yesterday morning at our office I fixed the following , bacon, sausage, fried bologna, fried apples, gravy, eggs and gingerbread waffles and biscuits. I could eat breakfast for 3 meals a day but I do like a good ribeye steak.

Glacies
November 13th, 2008, 06:12 AM
I love a big *** breakfast. Eggs, fried or scrambled - just the win.

Gil Janus
November 13th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Breakfast wins.

My 2, no make that 3 favorites are similar but different.

A nice small steak, pan fried, rare with 3 eggs over easy, 2 slices of seeded rye with lots of butter and a large, and I mean large, glass of milk. :master:

Corned Beef Hash, 2 eggs over easy on top of hash, a little ketchup, 2 slices of wheat toast with lots of butter and and a nice big mug of coffee. :bravo:

And for good measure, why not - 2 nice big waffles or a nice stack of pancakes, 4 or 5 strips of crispy bacon, 2 eggs scrambled, large milk and a big mug of coffee. :pancake:

If I'm in some civilized place, I would want a large glass of Orange-Pineapple Juice, really well chilled. :AOK:

Breakfast - don't leave home without it :nono:

Gil :cool:

bigoldron
November 13th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Supper (for us Southerners) is it. Either BBQ Ribs (pork, of course) or a good, tender ribeye!

SuperSwede
November 13th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I never eat breakfast at home but I love hotel breakfasts and especially bacon & egg :)

Algonquin
November 13th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Breakfast. I sit each morning and have breakfast with my little guy, he cracks me up.

This morning it was... 'Daddy, Santa brings presents if you're good, or a little bit bad right?'

I'm not sure where he got the guilty conscience from, but I had to laugh.

Andy
November 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
breakfast at cracker barrel is always a treat.

Bloozcat
November 13th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Definitely dinner...

Most of the really good food that I eat or make myself revolves around dinner.

For breakfast all I eat is a bowl of oatmeal with some fruit in it. Hardly something to get excited about, but it's enough and doesn't give me that weighted down feeling all morning like some other breakfast meals I can think of (and like to eat much better).