PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Mitchell dead

Robert
November 12th, 2008, 05:33 PM
The last of the Jimi Hendrix Experience. :cry:

http://www.popeater.com/music/article/mitch-mitchell-of-hendrix-experience/246398

He was found dead in a hotel room.

oldguy
November 12th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Sad. Good drummer, too. Another piece of history gone.
But hey, I prefer to think they're all in heaven jammin' wildly now.:)

Tone2TheBone
November 12th, 2008, 05:39 PM
R.I.P. Mitch you and the guys are missed.

Andy
November 12th, 2008, 07:37 PM
This is sad news big time..! However he's not the last key member
Billy Cox is very much alive and well.

Katastrophe
November 12th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I remember jamming with a buddy of mine many years ago, trying to figure out "Fire." I got the main guitar parts down fairly quickly, but my drummer buddy just put his sticks down and said "No way."

Mitch was a genius, and defined rock drumming. RIP, Mitch.

marnold
November 12th, 2008, 08:36 PM
This is sad news big time..! However he's not the last key member
Billy Cox is very much alive and well.
True, but Billy was a member of the Band of Gypsys, not the Experience . . . but you knew that. I however did not know the Noel Redding had died.

Tone2TheBone
November 12th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I didn't know Noel died either until I read earlier that someone at another forum didn't know he died as well upon reading this news there.

sunvalleylaw
November 12th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Tough to see such passings. Rest in peace.

Andy
November 13th, 2008, 12:12 AM
True, but Billy was a member of the Band of Gypsys, not the Experience . . . but you knew that. I however did not know the Noel Redding had died.

well he(billy cox) started at woodstock than the band of gypsies with buddy miles ofcourse they did the live album than folded.

They imeadiately hooked back up with mitchell and did and recorded the songs on 'cry of love','war heros','rainbow bridge' ..ect. than a us and european tour as Jimi Hendrix exp.
I think it was the finest linup and produced the best material.

the final linup at maui prior to european tour

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPTP_JyQpl8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPTP_JyQpl8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jimi75
November 13th, 2008, 02:00 AM
This is so sad, I am totally shocked really - totally shocked! I am thankful that I had the chance to meet Noel and Mitch and so I am even more touched by these news. Mitch and Noel are such tragic figures in the music circus. They never get the merits for their tremendous body of work. I hope they meet Jimi in heaven and play it out loud up there for HIM!

R.I.P. Mitch

:master:

Jimi75

R_of_G
November 13th, 2008, 06:18 AM
This made me very sad when I read it last night. Mitch was definitely among my favorite rock drummers.

I think it was the finest linup and produced the best material.

I could not agree more. Hendrix/Cox/Mitchell is, by far, my favorite presentation of Jimi's music. Nothing against Noel Redding at all, I just prefer Cox's style and tone and the way he locks in with Jimi like nobody else could.