PDA

View Full Version : Axe FX seems like a killer unit

Robert
November 12th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Have you guys heard of Axe-FX from Fractal Audio? www.fractalaudio.com

It seems like an incredible unit. People say it's the real thing - much more than a modeler. $1499 for the basic unit.

Check youtube for more videos. Man, this thing seems fantastic. :master:

4Y3Bn20mqAU
148uvMvw20Y
OPvvMSQOv58

Kazz
November 13th, 2008, 05:38 AM
The price kills it for me, but it does seem to be the real deal.....the modeling sounds much more genuine than the RP series which just seem way too digital for my tastes....I will say that the time based FX on the RPs are pretty good tho...especially the chorus and flange......noise gate sucks.

that reminds me....I really need to get the electric set up out again and play some.....ahhh the thrills that winter in the midwest brings.....especially after this sunday when the NASCAR championship is all wrapped up and I have 4 hours of free time on Sundays between now and late February :-)

tot_Ou_tard
November 13th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Yup, I've heard a lot about it. They claim that they will be making a smaller pedal version, but with the economy I wonder whether they will.

It's all too expensive for me, but I'd love to have one.

Robert
December 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Here is a good Guitar Player article about the Axe-FX (http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/xtreme-guitar-fractal/dec-08/89827). Wouldn't you know it, I feel some gas bubbling up here, any one else? :)

Jimi75
December 19th, 2008, 03:46 AM
A friend of mine will maybe order the Axe FX Ultra for his studio. We have investigated a bit on this product and it seems to be the best unit on the market if it comes down to modeling/emulating.

tot_Ou_tard
December 19th, 2008, 07:00 AM
The truly cool & exceedingly frightening thing about it is how parametrizable it is. I'd either never get around to playing or I'd park it somewhere & pretend it was a single channel amp with only a volume control.

Some mad genius however will invent a new amp sound by tweaking that will be killer.

Riley
February 18th, 2009, 01:33 PM
It's a wicked unit! I have an Ultra, and ended up selling most of my amps because of it. The tweekablility of it is insane! If you can hear it in your head you can create it on this unit and it WILL sound authentic. :)

just strum
February 18th, 2009, 05:21 PM
The price kills it for me too, but I am looking into one of those hats. I have a hard time justifying what I own now, based on my skill level. Nothing wrong with the desire, but definitely something more fitting for some of the talent around here - I mean that as a sincere compliment.

Plank_Spanker
February 22nd, 2009, 01:52 PM
I am absolutely loving mine! :D

The FX is not some average fizz box loaded with lots of blinking lights and cool displays. This gem is true pro audio stuff, equally at home on a stage as it is in a studio.

It's a bit expensive, but worth every penny for those who seek excellent sound with extreme versatility. The FX Standard is currently going for around $1500, the Ultra around $2000. The Ultra has a lot more processing power and some effects the Standard doesn't, but a Standard should suit most typical players. I paid $2200 for my Germino Club 40 - a great sounding amp, but a one trick pony. With that considered, $1500 isn't too bad for a horse that can deal cards. :D

Best amp oriented purchase I've ever made, and it anchors my new rig. :dude: Fractal Audio hit a stadium clearing home run with the FX.

For those considering it, feel free to post or PM me. I can give you the straight skinny on it and relate my experiences with it.