PDA

View Full Version : Email and Web Accounts

sunvalleylaw
November 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Hey tech types, I have registered as sunvalleylaw on the common web type accounts I can think of, AOL, Yahoo, msn, google/gmail, .mac etc. I would like to make sure I have registered that user name on all the majors as I have been using this name for some years now.

I suppose I should get the advice of a tech oriented lawyer and protect the name as well. (Specialized area of law that I don't know a lot about. I should probably learn). In the meantime, am I leaving any out that you folks can think of?

warren0728
November 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM
if you really want to protect it....register at least the .com domain (sunvalleylaw.com) and others if you want...godaddy is a good cheap place to do it....

oh never mind....i just registered them....but i'm willing to sell them to you! :poke: :pancake:

Robert
November 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I was just going to say what Warren said!

There is no limit on social websites where you can register. Forums, bookmarking sites, video sharing sites, etc. - there are hundreds if not thousands!

(ps. I'm on 95% on them already. ;) )

duhvoodooman
November 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah, GoDaddy is where I have duhvoodooman.com registered. Cheap!

sunvalleylaw
November 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Well, silly me. Some resell place already has it registered after a couple of years ago. I know when it expires though, and it is not that far off.