PDA

View Full Version : Played a Dot at lunch

Glacies
November 13th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Holy crap that was really freakin cool.

Just stopped by my local guitar shop on the way back from dropping a coworker off for a state inspection on his Honda when I decided to see if they had any new guitars in.

I finally got my hands on an Epiphone LP and I gotta say... I kind of liked it better than the real deals. Biggest difference was that it was much lighter, but I have not had my hands on a Gibson LP model 05 and on. Also, I really couldn't tell a difference in the pickups at all and the feel was just as quality to me.

Anyway, the Dot had a Bigsby bridge on it which was actually pretty cool, but I really liked this whole thing in general. I don't think I'll buy one for a little bit, I'd prefer to stick to a solid body for my first git because with the LP's I can just sit back in my chair at home and jam, the Dots are a little too big to do that, but they're definately on my wish list.

duhvoodooman
November 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Owning 2 LP's and a Dot, I'm with ya, bro'!! :AOK: :dude: :rockon:

Spudman
November 13th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Just wait until you get to turn one up and play.:master: That semi hollow is magic...but I hear you about the size thing.

Algonquin
November 13th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I actually like the size of the Dots, that was one of the first things that had me hooked on the 335 style guitar. There was just something nice about getting my arms around it. It's great for praticing without an amp as you get some good reverberation from it. Definitely keep it in mind for the future :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
November 13th, 2008, 03:10 PM
As you likely know if you have read some of my threads, I debated which guitar to get second after my strat, and a semi-hollow was it. I think they are pretty cool!

cobalt
November 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
+1 for a hollowbody!

just strum
November 13th, 2008, 06:15 PM
You know my feeling about the archtop Dot - I always highly recommend them to people. The semi-HB in general is just a great versatile guitar. If size is an issue, check out the Epiphone Wildkat. It's a semi HB that is between the LP and the Dot in size.

Glacies
November 14th, 2008, 06:36 AM
You know my feeling about the archtop Dot - I always highly recommend them to people. The semi-HB in general is just a great versatile guitar. If size is an issue, check out the Epiphone Wildkat. It's a semi HB that is between the LP and the Dot in size.

hrmmm never seen that before. That's pretty cool.

just strum
November 14th, 2008, 05:34 PM
hrmmm never seen that before. That's pretty cool.

I really like mine, it gets a lot of playing time. You should see if you can locate one in the store and try it out.

Glacies
November 18th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I really like mine, it gets a lot of playing time. You should see if you can locate one in the store and try it out.

oops, missed this post.

What about the ES-175. Looks kind of viscious, but is that about the same size? I'm searching Youtube for it now.

-nm it's the size of an acoustic...

I'm seriously considering now either the dot studio or the LP studio. Any reason why I should take the leap up to the standards? I'm assuming i'm going to be putting on locking tuners in them at some point.

The funds just aren't here for the Schecter I want, especially now becuase of the engagement ring I'm about to buy.