PDA

View Full Version : PreSonus

evenkeel
November 13th, 2008, 06:32 PM
This morning I bought a PreSonus Audio box, a'ka audio interface. The goal was to be able to record to a PC, be able to use two inputs (guitar and mic), then add additional tracks, effects, etc. via Audacity. I've been using Audacity via running a mic or guitar directly into the PC soundcard. My hope was the audio interface would give me better sound quality and more flexibility

After several hours of bad language, general agita and repeated computer crashes I gave up and returned the thing. The software for the Audio box took a couple of shots to download but I eventually got it to work. However, after recording a simple guitar and vocal, then trying to go back and add another track I was very frustrated as the sound quality was awful and the rhythm changed. Slow and inconsistant. Never had this problem before the addition of the PreSonus. Just listening to the recorded track on Audacity was fine, but the sound coming thru the head phones when recording the next track was awful. The next issue was the Audiobox came with Cubase. This was a total disaster. The computer crashed twice and was a very hard to finally get returned to normal.

I returned the PreSonus to Sam Ash. Went to another store and bought a M-Audio interface. The software loaded fine, no issues so far but I have not tried to lay down multiple tracks, etc..

If anybody has any comments, suggestions, etc.. I'd sure like to hear what you've got to say.

A pic of the PreSonus.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/evenkeel_album/audibox_usb-fnt-bk.jpg

carvedtop
January 10th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Hi,
Are you running Audacity on Windows or a Linux distro? And if Linux, which one?
I recently loaded Ubuntu Studio, but I've not been able to get Audacity to work.

marnold
January 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Might be better off starting a different thread for that one, carvedtop.