PDA

View Full Version : Voice box

The_Shredinator21
November 13th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I am interested in getting a electric voice box right now. I know I definatly have none of the things necessary for it but what would i need and how much do you think it would be?

oldguy
November 13th, 2008, 08:01 PM
You mean one of these?

Quote...

"That talking guitar sound's back in style!
Using the Dunlop Heil Talk Box you too can re-create the sounds popularized by Peter Frampton, Joe Walsh, Slash, Alice in Chains, Aerosmith, and others. Easy to use. Can be set up with a guitar amp, but requires a mic and mic amp.

Put your vocals on another plane- order the Talk Box today!"

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Heil-Talk-Box?sku=151230

Plank_Spanker
November 13th, 2008, 08:28 PM
"Do you feel.......like I do".................................................. .

Sorry, couldn't resist...................:D

warren0728
November 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM
"Do you feel.......like I do".................................................. .

Sorry, couldn't resist...................:D
thats alright.........that's alright.........

bigoldron
November 13th, 2008, 09:02 PM
thats alright.........that's alright.........

Or as Walsh would say, "Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah wah, wah, wah, wah..."

(Think Rocky Mountain Way)

(Sorry, I didn't want to do the "I want to f#$& you...")

Spudman
November 13th, 2008, 10:39 PM
In the long run it's going to cost more than just the unit. It only works with a PA system. So you will need a vocal mic, a mic cable, a mic stand, a PA system and monitors, guitar, and amp.

markb
November 14th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I've no experience of these so don't expect me to show you the way :)

Apart from the lame joke, +1 on what Spud said. Also it connects between your amp and speaker so you'll need extra speaker cable even if it isn't hardwired.

sunvalleylaw
November 14th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I don't know what to tell you, but I do think I am pulling out my original "Frampton Comes Alive" vinyl out this weekend.

warren0728
November 14th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I don't know what to tell you, but I do think I am pulling out my original "Frampton Comes Alive" vinyl out this weekend.
+1....great album!

one of my daughter's (9 year old) favorite songs right now is "those shoes" by the eagles....gotta love her....some cool voice box work on that song too!

Algonquin
November 14th, 2008, 06:09 AM
+1... but YouTube will have to do!

Steve, I think I feel a backing track deep inside somewhere. I think you want to do some recording too right :)

Jimi75
November 14th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Save your money on that one. After some couple of times you will lose your "lust" on playing Frampton stuff ;-)

warren0728
November 14th, 2008, 08:10 AM
After some couple of times you will lose your "lust" on playing Frampton stuff ;-)
yeah but it brings back some memories! i'll add it to the 1800 or so songs on my ipod!

sunvalleylaw
November 14th, 2008, 10:14 AM
+1... but YouTube will have to do!

Steve, I think I feel a backing track deep inside somewhere. I think you want to do some recording too right :)

I am always up for a collab!

aeolian
November 14th, 2008, 01:22 PM
My favorite use of talkbox is Steely Dan's "Haitian Divorce."

This is NOT Steely Dan, but the guitar player did a fantastic job on the guitar and the talkbox. Sorry, but the video cannot be directly linked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0kNg-pLwI4