PDA

View Full Version : Reverend Charger 290

Robert
November 14th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I played a bunch of Reverend guitars a little while back. I liked them all, bu the Reverend Charger 290 spoke to me. It sounded fabulous and played like a dream. :master:

It's a pretty cheap guitar but the quality of it, I must say, was a few steps above most other guitars in that $500 - $600 range that I have played. I could not see any flaws on it at all.

Now the question. Should I get this one and delay my other gear purchases (not that I really need anything...but... you know), or should I ignore it and keep saving for that more expensive higher end guitar?

A big part of me really wants to drive to the store and just pick up that Charger 290. It wants to be my close friend. :)

Plus, I've never had a P-90 guitar, and this one sounds very good I must say.

warren0728
November 14th, 2008, 09:01 AM
no one can decide that but you robert....is it speaking to you enough to delay your other purchases....if so get it....if not....hold off!

i have never played a reverend but the do look like a good bang for you buck guitar!

Blaze
November 14th, 2008, 09:27 AM
I found this , looks good and sounds good ..The countour knob does the job ..There s a little clip on the bottom page ..

http://http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/bolt_on_series/charger_290.html (http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/bolt_on_series/charger_290.html)

Robert
November 14th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I dunno, I guess money is burning a hole in my pocket, and this guitar is very suuuuhhweeeet!

warren0728
November 14th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I dunno, I guess money is burning a hole in my pocket, and this guitar is very suuuuhhweeeet!
well you know how i love p90's and i don't think you have a p90 guitar do you.... :whatever:

Robert
November 14th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Exactly, Warren. I don't have a P-90 guitar and shouldn't I have one?

warren0728
November 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Exactly, Warren. I don't have a P-90 guitar and shouldn't I have one?
well....yes.... :beer: :pancake:

helliott
November 14th, 2008, 12:37 PM
That sounds like a sweet and economical guitar. Glad there's no dealer in my neck of the woods -- nearest are in Toronto and one in Kitchener. Otherwise I'd probably have to road test today.

marnold
November 14th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Actually, you really want the flying V.

cobalt
November 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM
+1 for theV:rockon:

Robert
November 14th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Nah, the V isn't my thing. It's not ergonomically correct, unless your body shape is an arrow. It also didn't sound that cool I thought.

Justaguyin_nc
November 16th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I think the Charger 290 is the best looking of the bunch... would like Sunburst and a Maple neck..

Ya know..you could get this... and maybe the Crate V33H at $179 now..
Both be under what one of the others will cost..:poke:

think of it as a savings club... and expect to sell them when you want the bigger ones..

Ofcourse..if ya got the change to get the big boys....go for it!

Like it been said..it's gona be up to Robert....

Oakville Dave
December 27th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I picked up a Reverend Charger 290 (sunburst, maple/maple neck, black PU covers) for 325 Canadian about 3 months ago. What a FANTASTIC guitar!! I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone! I'm seriously thinking of selling my DeArmond Starfire Special and putting a Bigsby or a Les Trem on the Charger and pocketing the difference! The quality of the Charger is top notch and it makes a great backup guitar to my vintage tele, or would even be a very fine first guitar!! GET IT! YOU'LL LOVE IT!! And you can smile every time you play it and you look at that big number in your bank book too!!