PDA

View Full Version : foo fighters-Come alive

pes_laul
November 14th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Great tune I found though in this video Taylor Hawkins (drummer) doesnt do his cool backups

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Zpzy77u6hM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0Zpzy77u6hM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Algonquin
November 14th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Nice :AOK: ... but where's the 'Talk Box' :confused:

pes_laul
November 14th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Nice :AOK: ... but where's the 'Talk Box' :confused:
Are you sure you are not thinking of generator?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNuSnfsgbuU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNuSnfsgbuU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

not sure where the blues intro came in but cool non the less:dude:

Algonquin
November 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM
LOL :rotflmao:

Naaa, I was just associating the 'Comes Alive', with Frampton Comes Alive. There's been a couple of posts arond here about the talk box, and Frampton.

From one Foo Fan to another... Cheers!

pes_laul
November 14th, 2008, 11:01 AM
LOL :rotflmao:

Naaa, I was just associating the 'Comes Alive', with Frampton Comes Alive. There's been a couple of posts arond here about the talk box, and Frampton.

From one Foo Fan to another... Cheers!
ok I honestly dont know how I missed that one:thwap:

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Ya know I've always liked the FF. Good grooves and hooks.

sunvalleylaw
June 4th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Resurrecting this thread rather than start a new. Other than the first album, which I enjoyed but still missed Kurt, I have not listened to a ton of Foo Fighters. Tonight they are on Austin City Limits on a re-broadcast. I am enjoying it very much! Kinda surprised how much they use semi and hollowbodys. Grohl is using either a 335 type or his acoustic on every song so far, Shows how versatile those guitars can be. Pat Smear (I think) was sporting what looked like a Gretsch guitar, like Setzer would use.

As I listen, I am reminded of how many good songs they have that I just forgot about. Nice!

Tig
June 4th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Resurrecting this thread rather than start a new.

As I listen, I am reminded of how many good songs they have that I just forgot about. Nice!
Yep, the Foo's are quite an interesting band. They have so much range, from hook laden pop songs to jammin' hard rock, and on to acoustic ballads.

Dave Grohl has turned out to be quite a talented song writer, and might just be one of the coolest guys in rock. The first Foo Fighters album was written and almost completely recorded by Dave playing all of the instruments and almost every part. He found the guys he wanted in the band to tour with, and paid them equal shares of the album's royalties, even though none of them wrote or recorded any of the material!

There are so many other cool Dave stories out there, like the trapped Beaconsfield, Australia miner's story (http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/foo-fighters-singer-makes-good-on-beaconsfield-promise/2006/08/31/1156817035309.html), and the song, "The Ballad Of The Beaconsfield Miners", he wrote for them:

Dave Grohl wrote this acoustic instrumental piece for 2 miners in the Beaconsfield gold mine collapse in Tasmania, Australia, in 2006. A few days after the collapse, while the rescue was still being planned, one of the miners, Brant Webb, requested that an iPod be sent down to them, filled with Foo Fighters songs. Dave Grohl heard about this story, and wrote a note to them stating, "Though I'm halfway around the world right now, my heart is with you both, and I want you to know that when you come home, there's 2 tickets to any Foos show, anywhere, and 2 cold beers waiting for yous. Deal?" The men were safely rescued, and Dave Grohl later met up with Webb during the band's 3-night acoustic tour at the Sydney Opera House in October 2006. Grohl played this piece for the meeting with the miner, and assured him it would be on the next Foo Fighters album.

Grohl was moved to tears when told his tunes were used to lift the miners' spirits a week before they were rescued after 14 days over half a mile underground. Grohl recalled in the Daily Mail November 23, 2007, "It was a massive moment in my life. People have told me that our songs have helped them through a divorce or bereavement, but there was something special about two guys just trying to survive. I wrote that track as a tribute and promised Brant that I'd put it on the album."