PDA

View Full Version : Time for some great Prince performances!

Robert
November 14th, 2008, 04:46 PM
He's da man... you probably seen some of these already, but they are worth watching again!

This one is great too - Fury.
http://www.imeem.com/kobegracie/video/LFwtQkXK/princesnlfury_live_tv_video/

D7sT1HRV2qU

VlIeAf6zh3k

us2oPMIYark

marnold
November 14th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Few people cooler than Prince. "Fury" is the best song he's put out in years. He always seems to surround himself with the hottest women too.

R_of_G
November 14th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I don't have any video to post, though I've seen it out there on bootlegged dvd's, but I do have this performance on CD and I recommend it to all of you, especially Robert.

On 12/31/87 Prince put on a special New Year's Eve show at his Paisley Park complex. After running through a short set of mostly his own stuff, Prince brought out an extremely special guest, Miles Davis. Prince and Miles than led the band through a non-stop monster funk/jazz medley which went like this...

It's Gonna Be a Beautiful Night
Six
Miles Davis Solo
Housequake
Chain Of Fools
Cold Sweat
Mother Popcorn
Interlude
Take The A Train
Housequake
Funky Man
Land Of 1000 Dances
Piano Jam
Funky Man
Alphabet St
Cold Sweat
Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like A Bee
Housequake
It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night

This was one hell of a performance by everyone involved. It's out there on the internet. Find it and download yourself a copy. You won't be disappointed. Prince is the man, and Miles, well, it doesn't get any cooler than Miles.

Andy
November 14th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Cool,I'm suprised someone found prince videos on youtube at all , he's had the majority of them pulled.

Robert
November 14th, 2008, 10:13 PM
R of G, that Miles/Prince performance would be fantastic to take a look at!

I am a HUGE admirer of Prince, but even more so of the Master Miles Davis.

R_of_G
November 14th, 2008, 10:31 PM
R of G, that Miles/Prince performance would be fantastic to take a look at!

I am a HUGE admirer of Prince, but even more so of the Master Miles Davis.

As soon as I saw this thread I began thinking about that show and how I was sure you'd like it Robert. It was the perfect appearance for Miles. Prince's bands are as tight as it gets and they can play the Funk with anybody. To run through a set like that one, anchored by so many James Brown songs, is the perfect set for both of them. Prince simply can't not be funky, and Miles is Miles. Miles is my hero.

Even if you can't find the video, find the audio. It's worth looking for.

sunvalleylaw
November 14th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Wow, he certainly is a talent. I really like that George Harrison tribute performance too.