PDA

View Full Version : Went with the Zendrive

Radioboy950
November 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Finally broke down and went for the Hermida Zendrive. Was looking at the Mad Prof "Little Green" & "Sky Blue" but those prices were a little tough to choke down. I ended up with a Zen for $188 delivered to my door.

I've read all the user reviews, listened to some really great clips. But I refused to buy into the "this is the greatest thing that ever happened in the universe" statements. And great demos sound great because of the player's touch, and the $4000 Diezel amp being used, or the Overdrive Special clone, or the Fulltone TTE along with it. Nice toys, but I'm just trying to say that I did not have super-high expectations about ANY pedal.

Anyway, it arrived today. And I do think it's a really great OD pedal. Delivers those smooth tones on a clean amp, and really gets things nasty through your amp's crunch channel. The only other OD box I've used is a TS9, and this Zen sounds so much better. I'll have to put together a demo for ya. :rockon:

Robert
November 14th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Cool, I have heard a lot about that pedal. Wonder how it compares to the Zonkin' Yellow Screamer!

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Cool, I have heard a lot about that pedal. Wonder how it compares to the Zonkin' Yellow Screamer!

Yeah me too but good score anyway. I wonder what's under the hood of that legendary pedal.