PDA

View Full Version : How to Get a Greater Discount

just strum
November 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I inadvertently found out about this.

I was at the M123 site and put some things in my shopping cart. It was an assortment of odd and end things - cable, picks, strings...

I closed the window because I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy the items from M123 and I wasn't sure if I had everything I needed. I ended up forgetting about the shopping cart. About a week later, I go to one of my obscure e-mail addresses and there is an e-mail from M123 noting my idle cart full of goodies and if I proceeded to the checkout, I would get an additional 5% off my already discounted items.

So, being forgetful or procrastination can pay off.

peachhead
November 14th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Nifty. I'm going to load up the cart tonight (same kind of stuff) and see how it goes...

just strum
November 14th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Better yet, do it at zzound and support the forum. I bet they will do the same thing - make sure you go through the link on the main page when you do it.

Tone2TheBone
November 15th, 2008, 12:53 AM
If I did something like that chances are they'd bill me immediately I think. :(

poodlesrule
November 15th, 2008, 04:35 AM
On a related note, I got an email offer from Sweetwater (recent string purchase there), 25 bucks off $100 or more, if you use something called ebillme as payment method.

Never heard of ebillme before, so it sounds they are sponsoring the discount..

(...never thought I would be encouraging consumption, I am more of a no-more-landfills type... and my own consumption has been up lately!)

just strum
November 15th, 2008, 07:03 AM
On a related note, I got an email offer from Sweetwater (recent string purchase there), 25 bucks off $100 or more, if you use something called ebillme as payment method.

Never heard of ebillme before, so it sounds they are sponsoring the discount..

(...never thought I would be encouraging consumption, I am more of a no-more-landfills type... and my own consumption has been up lately!)

I think ebillme is another spin of paypal, but hopefully better.

tjcurtin1
November 15th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Strum, the man of a thousand avatars! Where does this one come from - I'm missing the reference (not surprisingly!)

markb
November 15th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Anyone ever try the credit card trick? In a bricks and mortar shop ask if they take credit cards. The answer is invariably "yes". Then ask if they'll give 5% discount for cash as they won't be paying the card company's fee. Works about 60% of the time for me on bigger tickets. Don't try it for a packet of strings :) .

just strum
November 15th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Strum, the man of a thousand avatars! Where does this one come from - I'm missing the reference (not surprisingly!)

I usually get them on Goggle images, but this one came from the Photobucket home page. I thought it was funny, so...

Really has no reference, just humorous.

Gil Janus
November 15th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Arnold the Gov (as a character named Dutch) says it to the last 3 or 4 of his crew in the first Predator movie. :rotflmao:

Gil, the man who has watched too many bad movies :nono: :wave: