PDA

View Full Version : Have not done any recording for a while

aeolian
November 15th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I've been playing steadily with a hobby band and that put a stop to my home recording interest. Today I dug up this short little cover piece that I did. See what you think.

Santana snippet (http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/music/samba.mp3)

sunvalleylaw
November 15th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I always like your touch Aeolian. Very articulate sounding and clean. Thanks for sharing! I am still learning about the differences between delay and reverb and the like. Which effect are you using there? It sounds nice.

Algonquin
November 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Beautiful tone aeolian.

What guitar are you playing in this clip?
Cheers :beer:

SuperSwede
November 15th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I really like that tone! Very bell like and warm.

aeolian
November 15th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I recorded this over 2 years ago so I am not certain of my recollection. I know I played this with my G&L Limitied Edition which has 3 single coil pickups. It is most likely the neck pickup I used, although it could have been the middle. All my recordings are done on a J-Station, I believe the effects are some reverb and a bit of tremolo. The tone just came with one of the amp sims on the J-Station, I take no credit for that.

oldguy
November 15th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Nice job, Aeolian!:AOK: Always enjoy hearing your playing. Nice clear tone that compliments the song. Good amp sim too, whichever it was.:beer:

player
November 15th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Nice soothing sound you have there aeolian.good job

warren0728
November 16th, 2008, 11:35 AM
i love that song and i really liked your tone and laying! :bravo: :beer:

it's on my short list of songs to learn....

M29
November 18th, 2008, 10:30 AM
That is one of my favs and you did a real nice take on it. Thanks for sharing, very nice indeed:AOK: