PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Roadhouse Strat!

oldguy
November 16th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Actually bought it about a month ago. A co-worker wanted to sell it since work had been slow. Very nice maple neck/fretboard....dark red finish.
Made in the USA, better hardware tham my MIM Strat. My first red guitar in a long while. :)
Bright sounding pickups, switches and pots are clean and quiet.
A few scratches and dings, but overall a really nice Strat, IMO.
Anyone else own one?

ted s
November 16th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Sounds like a nice score Glenn.
Nice to "see" you around again.

sunvalleylaw
November 16th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Way cool! I have heard great things about those. Tell us more! Pics! Clips!

hubberjub
November 16th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Did that have the Texas Specials with the SD Pearly Gates at the bridge?

markb
November 16th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I nearly bought one when I was strat shopping some years ago. I found the strat I use now a little cheaper and there was nothing in it really. The Roadhouse was very nice indeed I remember. The pickups should be the earlier version Texas Specials.

oldguy
November 17th, 2008, 05:24 AM

:D :D :D I know.....without 'em it ain't real...........:poke:

I'll get something on here before too long.:)

Tone2TheBone
November 17th, 2008, 09:39 AM
You're really serious about all this music stuff aren't you. ;) Congrats it sounds like a good one Glenn.

oldguy
November 17th, 2008, 10:28 AM
You're really serious about all this music stuff aren't you. ;) Congrats it sounds like a good one Glenn.

I figure if I'm gonna work overtime..........................
Besides, we need to have something to discuss here so's it don't get too quiet..............
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oldguy
November 17th, 2008, 10:45 AM

Here's a quick one..........

jGMELA64ouA&feature=channel

sunvalleylaw
November 17th, 2008, 11:27 AM
What a pretty guitar! Love the looks of it! Nice sounds too! Very sweet and soulful. Looks like a really good score!

peachhead
November 17th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Very cool- both the guitar and the clip. :bravo: Love that maple.

warren0728
November 17th, 2008, 04:51 PM
nice guitar and even nicer playing! :bravo: :beer:

Guitar Gal
November 17th, 2008, 06:09 PM
I love the maple neck and the red body......sweet combo!

Nice playing too as always OG :rockon:

GG

just strum
November 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Here's a quick one..........

jGMELA64ouA&feature=channel

No bib overalls?

This thread is meaningless if there are no bib overalls.:D

Katastrophe
November 17th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Beauty of a guitar and great playing/tone, oldguy!

Didn't recognize you without the overalls.:poke:

just strum
November 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Beauty of a guitar and great playing/tone, oldguy!

Didn't recognize you without the overalls.:poke:

I guess I miss identified them, they are overall, not coveralls. I will have to edit.

In the meantime OG, I omitted to say congrats. That is a nice guitar.

oldguy
November 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I guess I miss identified them, they are overall, not coveralls. I will have to edit.

In the meantime OG, I omitted to say congrats. That is a nice guitar.

Thanks, Strummy........ and I still got double fingers crossed that you get your new job............:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

just strum
November 17th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks, Strummy........ and I still got double fingers crossed that you get your new job............:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

very much appreciated.

tjcurtin1
November 17th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Oooof! Like yer playin' style, OG! You make that guitar sound sweet as syrup!

oldguy
November 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Oooof! Like yer playin' style, OG! You make that guitar sound sweet as syrup!

Thanks very much, tjcurtin1!:D
It's the guitar........ it wanted to be played.:D

Childbride
November 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
OG, she's a beaut! :D :bravo: :beer:

F_BSurfer
November 17th, 2008, 10:41 PM
great looking guitar you grab there

Duff
November 18th, 2008, 04:36 AM
I think the Roadhouse has an sss rig and the Lonestar has the ssh rig with the Pearly Gates. I played both of them and liked the Lonestar a lot. The Roadhouse was really impressive but had sss configuaration I believe and Texas Special pickups I think.

My Hwy 1 fat strat sounds great with the new stainless steel bridge saddles I put on last night. I like the sound better than with the bent metal type. Easier on the palm too. That has stock pups on it that sound great. Really nice chimey strat sound, especially in the middle position and the other single coil positions. Plus the humbucker sounds really nice.

Duffy

oldguy
November 19th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I think the Roadhouse has an sss rig and the Lonestar has the ssh rig with the Pearly Gates. I played both of them and liked the Lonestar a lot. The Roadhouse was really impressive but had sss configuaration I believe and Texas Special pickups I think.

My Hwy 1 fat strat sounds great with the new stainless steel bridge saddles I put on last night. I like the sound better than with the bent metal type. Easier on the palm too. That has stock pups on it that sound great. Really nice chimey strat sound, especially in the middle position and the other single coil positions. Plus the humbucker sounds really nice.

Duffy

Sounds really nice, Duff........ do you have pics or maybe a thread about it?

player
November 19th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Great to see ya playin clips again Glenn..it's been too long.very sweet looking axe too.as usual good playing and style to match congrats man.hopefully things are not that slow by you.coming to a crawl here.
on a side note JS - hope you get what you are seeking.

Duff
November 20th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Yeah. I have some nice pics of my Hwy 1 there by my avatar where it says pictures. I think you can click on it and see some of my guitars and lots of pictures of the Hwy 1 in wine red.

Playing my Deluxe strat Squire tonight.

By the way: are Affinity Squire P basses supposed to hiss slightly when the tone knob is turned up all the way and it goes away when you palm the strings. I'm thinking it is normal for the pickups to pickup the slight ambient vibrations of the strings from the sympathetic vibrations picked up from the tv talking background noise from fan, etc. My J bass does the same thing but just slightly less noticeable. It is very faint hiss when not playing on the P bass. Back off on the volume pedal and of course it dissappears or if you turn down the tone knob to full bass it goes away on both basses.

Just curious. I'm thinking of buying the P bass I have on loan and it is the only thing I find questionable but it seems normal. Very low nice action and nice neck and body on the affinity P bass. It's an '04, I hope it isn't plywood.

Duffy

Lev
November 20th, 2008, 07:43 AM
great guitar and some really tasteful playing :bravo: