PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Ceriatone Overtone Special!

oldguy
November 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I actually bought it a few months back..........no chance to post before now.
50w, 6L6 based amph............ clean and OD channels w/ boost on both channels. Based on the Dumble Overdrive Special.........of course, opinions vary, but I'm loving it so far. Very good build quality, PTP wired, no PCB, footswitch included (as well as a very cool T-shirt). Seems to have really good clean headroom and nice harmonics on both channels, I still need to learn more about tweaking it, but so far I like it bunches.:D
I posted a U-Tube clip earlier, but thought I'd make a post here as I'm kind of discombobulated here lately.............:rotflmao:

Robert
November 16th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Cool, I'd like to try that amp! How close to a real Dumble do you think it sounds? I realize that would be hard to answer since you don't have a Dumble around... :)

Spudman
November 16th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Congratulations on the new loud thingy. :AOK: I'm interested in hearing what it sounds like.

markb
November 16th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Cool, I'd like to try that amp! How close to a real Dumble do you think it sounds? I realize that would be hard to answer since you don't have a Dumble around... :)

Very few of us here are likely to answer that question with any real authority :)
Sounds like a great amp, I've heard good things about the Ceriatone kits/builds.

oldguy
November 17th, 2008, 05:20 AM

I honestly have no idea, Robert, although I heard Robben Ford live this summer, he was using a Super and a Twin Reverb.
I just keep tweaking knobs and seeing what sounds I can get.
I doubt I'll ever get to A/B it with a real Dumble...........don't know that it would matter, since mister D modded his to suit his clients style.
I have a vid in the member's clips section. Did it w/ the webcam and mic built into my laptop, but did it nonetheless.

hubberjub
November 17th, 2008, 07:50 AM
A very lustworthy piece of gear. How long did it take to get it?

sunvalleylaw
November 17th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Congrats Glenn!

Algonquin
November 17th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Looking good Glenny, but gawd man... update you signature with all this cool new gear will ya :dude:

oldguy
November 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
A very lustworthy piece of gear. How long did it take to get it?

10 weeks if I remember correctly........

F_BSurfer
November 18th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Very cool purchase indeed Nik at Ceriatone has some serious skills for sure.With all the drama over Nik selling this amp I would say that it must be very close to the Dumble