PDA

View Full Version : times... they hard. For Sale ES-137 Custom

StrokerAce
November 17th, 2008, 02:59 AM
ive recently joined the ranks of the unemployed. a shop ive worked at for 8+years has closed its doors. i find myself in need of reliable wheels to go on a southeast tour in search of employment.
i am selling my '07 Gibson ES-137 Custom.
i have played it very little since acquiring it just over a year ago. i bought it to learn slide someday, but that will have to wait.
the gold on the bridge is just starting to come off from light playing and there are no scratches, dings, etc.
all i have for a camera is a cell phone, sorry. if i had a real camera i could probably sell it on ebay.

anyway, considering what i paid for it i think $2100 is a more than fair asking price. i would consider a trade of a comparable 4 cylinder 5 spd. car.

thanks

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8610/0821081739du9.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6848/0821081737ic4.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5821/0821081740by1.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/8730/0821081712yn4.jpg

Katastrophe
November 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Man, if I wasn't going through hard times myself... I wish I could help you, StrokerAce.

About all I can do is give this thread a bump and hope that one of our fellow Fretters can give you a hand, or point you in the right direction to someone who can.

tjcurtin1
November 17th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Stroker - sorry to hear that news. That is a gorgeous guitar, wish I could help you! Best of luck on the job hunt.

hagarfreak33
November 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Good luck with your job search-I am in the same boat right now-3 months unemployed-its no fun.

StrokerAce
November 17th, 2008, 11:35 PM
thanks guys.

its just life. it will get better. and then it will get bad again and so on... lol

:beer:

Glacies
November 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Hey man, sorry to hear about the hard times. Nobody seems to be having it easy lately. What kind of shop did you work at, were you a machinist? If so what are you qualified to run?

My company is doing pretty well and I don't know if we're hiring machinists, but if you let me know what you're able to do, I can check for you. We're in Central/SW Va.

BTW gorgeous guitar but way out of my league.

StrokerAce
November 18th, 2008, 12:15 PM
thanks Glacies

it was a racing engine shop. i have done everything in an engine shop short of crankshaft grinding.
bore, hone, deck, balance, assembly.
all things cylinder heads... including welding.

and i have several years fabrication experience. i built dirt late model chassis's for a year. lots of aluminum experience.

i can weld most anything but certification is a formality i never got around to.

what is it that your company does?

Glacies
November 18th, 2008, 12:46 PM
thanks Glacies

it was a racing engine shop. i have done everything in an engine shop short of crankshaft grinding.
bore, hone, deck, balance, assembly.
all things cylinder heads... including welding.

and i have several years fabrication experience. i built dirt late model chassis's for a year. lots of aluminum experience.

i can weld most anything but certification is a formality i never got around to.

what is it that your company does?

My company is mainly commercial nuclear support but I'm part of a conventional defense branch (3 guys). We have a fabrication/production shop that does a little bit of everything. We're about 40 people total mix of engineers, techs and some administrative ladies.

I think we just ended up firing a tech and hiring another one, but I'll feel around for you and let you know. Sounds like you'll be pretty versatile.

Duff
November 19th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Best luck in selling that beautiful Gibson.

I think it will get snatched up quickly. It is really, really nice.

Duffy

StrokerAce
November 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
thanks Duff

My company is mainly commercial nuclear support but I'm part of a conventional defense branch (3 guys). We have a fabrication/production shop that does a little bit of everything. We're about 40 people total mix of engineers, techs and some administrative ladies.

I think we just ended up firing a tech and hiring another one, but I'll feel around for you and let you know. Sounds like you'll be pretty versatile.
when i lived in TN there was a place, cant remember the name, but they welded nuclear vessels. oh man, it was impressive. i applied for the position but its such a small town, you really had to know someone. plus they were paying really well so they didnt have really any turn around.
i dont think ill have a problem finding something but i just need to find some reliable wheels so i can begin the process.

thanks again, Glacies

carp3nt3r
November 23rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
stroker you might consider a place in chattanooga called combustion engineering or there are several race motor shops around you might try and not too far from the atl as far as searches go.

carp3nt3r

StrokerAce
November 24th, 2008, 08:12 AM
stroker you might consider a place in chattanooga called combustion engineering or there are several race motor shops around you might try and not too far from the atl as far as searches go.

carp3nt3r

chattanooga's been on my radar for a few years because of the boiler makers union. and i had a welding/construction job on signal mtn workin on a 6 story residential building.

thanks for the tip, ill check that place out.

:beer:

StrokerAce
December 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM
well........ shes no longer for sale.

im not sure i did the right thing but i sure am happy:D

i traded it for this....

1960 VOS. i couldnt pass it up. the whole time i was kicking the idea around in my head i would rationalize like "it'd be a lot easier to sell a Les Paul than a 137." knowing damn well id have no intentions of selling it. haha!

but 30 minutes after the guy left with the 137 another guy came from out of state to look at a motocross bike i had listed all over the internet for sale. he bought the bike so as it turns out i dont have to sell the new addition after all! ;)
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/5729/1207081631qa0.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1844/1207081630yc1.jpg

marnold
December 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
All's swell that ends swell then! Best of luck on the job front too.