PDA

View Full Version : Hamer Flametop Double Cutaway

Nelskie
June 15th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Just thought I'd post this here before I line this up on Ebay. I have for sale a beautiful Hamer Flametop Double Cutaway guitar. The body and neck are solid mahogony, and it has a very nice rosewood fretboard. (2) Duncan-Designed humbuckers provide the tone. Hardtail adjustable bridge and gold hardware all around. I've upgraded the lethargic stock tuners with Grovers (also gold to match the rest of the hardware), which cost me around $50. There are some small pin-holes where the stock tuners used to be, but that's on the back of the neck anyways. Having a guitar that STAYS in tune was a good trade-off for some miniscule holes that no one can see. As you can see from the attached photos, the carved flame maple top is stunning. Its finished in a honey gold that allows the natural flame maple grain to show through, and very similar to the PRS Santana signature model, which I've attached a photo of for comparison (photo w/ black background and zebra p'ups). The tone and feel of the guitar is very Les Paul-like - solid, smooth, and very resonant. The factory p'ups are good, but drop some aftermarket units in, like a Seymour Duncan '59 on the neck, and a JB on the bridge, and this guitar would absolutely scream!

I'm looking to get $325 for this beautiful instrument (does not include shipping, which I'd estimate at around $30 - $35). For another $25, I'd throw in a heavily used, but still perfectly functional ABS Gibson hardshell case. Otherwise, it'd be well-packed, and double-boxed for shipping.

I'd orignially had plans to upgrade this guitar, and use it as a regular player. However, since then, I've acquired another Strat, as well as a Epi P90 Goldtop, and this axe usually takes a backseat to both of them. It'd please me to no end to have a Fretter take this off my hands, and play it the way it needs to be played - as in regularly.

Interested parties can PM me, or leave a post. Questions are welcome.

Iago
June 15th, 2006, 07:12 PM
great axe Nelskie... I`m sure people will dig it... and such a low price!!! oh man...that will sell really fast I believe...

that also reminds me I almost bought a Hamer in Brazil some years ago... they make great stuff.