PDA

View Full Version : Pod 2.0 Or Pod Pocket

piebaldpython
November 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
The POD 2.0 came first and the POD Pocket is based on the 2.0. I'm looking at getting SANTA to drop ONE off in my stocking. I was hoping for some advice from the forum as to which one might be better/more versatile so I can let one of Santa's elves which might be the best for me. ahahahaah Thanks.

M29
November 18th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I absolutely love my Pocket Pod. I do like this guy with the input jack and walk all over with it just a blarin in the headphones and no one hears but me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7itnN3r7ffQ&feature=related

This is a pretty good demo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5zB4QlsXr8&feature=related

I have not run mine through a amp much so I can't comment on that aspect much. I haven't ever really taken the time to change the presets, I just plug in and go. It has decent cleans and good gain pre sets.

M

Tone2TheBone
November 18th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I have the 2.0 and love the tones but if I didn't have that I'd have the Pocket Pod. Go with something new.

Ch0jin
November 18th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I've had a pocket POD since December last year and I love it.

I'm a huge fan of individually crafted effect pedals between my guitars and amps so I don't use the PP there and can't really comment on how that sounds, although I can tell you the PP has two output modes, one for feeding it into a guitar amp, and one for feeding it into a linear amp or headphones, so line6 have considered the different types of modeling required for both scenarios.

I use mine with a set of Senheisser HD201 headphones and the sounds are incredible. I feed my ipod into it and jam along to backing tracks or songs I'm trying to learn and you can crank it up nice and loud too. I've used it to record myself too, just run the headphone output into the line in of my laptop and with the ipod still connected I get guitar and backing nicely mixed.

As M29 said the presets are great, and some of the song based ones are pretty close, but geek that I am, I had to dive in and change things up. Once I installed the software on my laptop (free from line6) I sat there with the instructions and proceeded to build a bunch of basic amp rigs using their real names, not the "don't sue me" names Line6 use. That way I can flick through options like Marshall JCM800 with vintage greenbacks, then Fender Champ Tweed, then Mesa Boogie Dual Recto and so on. On my basic rig models I also gave them the "correct" feature set. For example the JCM800 didn't have reverb, so neither does my model. I do have a hotrodded rig set that includes all the stuff you've wanted to try, like a tweed champ into a 4x12 quad and a Fender Twin into a vintage Marshall cab and so on. Best of all you can tweak all your amp and cabinet and effect settings in real time. Plug your guitar into the PP and the PP into your laptop with the USB cable and you can make adjustments on the laptop and hear them right away.

Now I can't really say if the models sound exactly like their real counterparts, probably not, but you can sure as heck pick them by ear. The British amps sound British, and the the USA amps sound American. The big cabs sound big and the small ones sound small. It does what it says it does very well.

The built in tuner is the best one I own, it's fast and accurate and easy to switch on/off.

The 4 aaa's will only last a few hours at most, so factor in a good clean 9V adapter (I use the Boss one) too.

If you get one and need any help with customising your models, give me a shout. You can save individual models and post them online or email them to people or whatever :)

Yup I love mine :)

rugbynyc
January 12th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I've had a pocket POD since December last year and I love it.

I'm a huge fan of individually crafted effect pedals between my guitars and amps so I don't use the PP there and can't really comment on how that sounds, although I can tell you the PP has two output modes, one for feeding it into a guitar amp, and one for feeding it into a linear amp or headphones, so line6 have considered the different types of modeling required for both scenarios.

I use mine with a set of Senheisser HD201 headphones and the sounds are incredible. I feed my ipod into it and jam along to backing tracks or songs I'm trying to learn and you can crank it up nice and loud too. I've used it to record myself too, just run the headphone output into the line in of my laptop and with the ipod still connected I get guitar and backing nicely mixed.

As M29 said the presets are great, and some of the song based ones are pretty close, but geek that I am, I had to dive in and change things up. Once I installed the software on my laptop (free from line6) I sat there with the instructions and proceeded to build a bunch of basic amp rigs using their real names, not the "don't sue me" names Line6 use. That way I can flick through options like Marshall JCM800 with vintage greenbacks, then Fender Champ Tweed, then Mesa Boogie Dual Recto and so on. On my basic rig models I also gave them the "correct" feature set. For example the JCM800 didn't have reverb, so neither does my model. I do have a hotrodded rig set that includes all the stuff you've wanted to try, like a tweed champ into a 4x12 quad and a Fender Twin into a vintage Marshall cab and so on. Best of all you can tweak all your amp and cabinet and effect settings in real time. Plug your guitar into the PP and the PP into your laptop with the USB cable and you can make adjustments on the laptop and hear them right away.

Now I can't really say if the models sound exactly like their real counterparts, probably not, but you can sure as heck pick them by ear. The British amps sound British, and the the USA amps sound American. The big cabs sound big and the small ones sound small. It does what it says it does very well.

The built in tuner is the best one I own, it's fast and accurate and easy to switch on/off.

The 4 aaa's will only last a few hours at most, so factor in a good clean 9V adapter (I use the Boss one) too.

If you get one and need any help with customising your models, give me a shout. You can save individual models and post them online or email them to people or whatever :)

Yup I love mine :)

I just want to say that is an awesome write up and I am am seriously GASsing for a PP now...

Ch0jin
January 13th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Why Thank you RugbyNYC, glad you liked it.