PDA

View Full Version : When Do You Post?

just strum
November 18th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Are there any days or times that you most more than others. Occasionally I'll log on when I get to work and there will be like 90 new posts, but when I shut down the night before there were 2.

Mine are mainly at night (Eastern Std Time) and weekends - probably more on the weekends

Ch0jin
November 18th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Umm....(looks around carefully)

Most prolific at work in my spare moments.

I do post a bit from home too, but at home there are guitars and amps and pedals and other distractions from posting ;)

Algonquin
November 18th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Probably spread out fairly evenly... mostly when I'm awake, but not always :)

oldguy
November 18th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Are there any days or times that you most more than others. Occasionally I'll log on when I get to work and there will be like 90 new posts, but when I shut down the night before there were 2.

Mine are mainly at night (Eastern Std Time) and weekends - probably more on the weekends

I post whenever I get the chance and a thread looks interesting... I joined in April '06 and have close to 2,000, so I guess I'm about average on that end of the spectrum. As the site grows, I notice I have less time to check out threads posted throughout the day, but, hey, that's what makes it exciting.
You can always go back and see what you missed in each category. I find new things all the time that I've missed......and bringing up an old thread, or bumping it to the top is really fun. I try to check out the site early in the morning and late in the evening while I'm working away from home......lots better than wasting time in front of the television.
I'll sneak in a look now and then while at work, now that I've got a laptop.
But it's mostly mornings, nights, and weekends (when I'm not playing guitar).

:)

Tone2TheBone
November 18th, 2008, 08:12 PM
During the week.

warren0728
November 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM
never at dusk....i would never do that....

Robert
November 18th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Whenever my fingers are on the keyboard.

pes_laul
November 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
well when I get to school around 2nd period I ask to go to the library to "do homework from another class" and when I get there I load up a research site and use a bypass site to get on here. so when a teacher walks buy I just switch it and act like I'm doing something important.

marnold
November 18th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Whenever I happen to be by my computer--which is far too often actually.

street music
November 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Depends on what and when someone else has something posted, sometimes I just check in, then come back late in the evening to post.

sunvalleylaw
November 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Whenever I happen to be by my computer--which is far too often actually.

Ditto.

wingsdad
November 18th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I post only if/when I feel like I can add some value. Weekdays or weekends, I login usually between 6 & 7 am Pacific, before heading to work or personal business. Then, while winding down from work with or after dinner, around 8-9pm Pacific. After that, it's pickin' and/or reading time.

Katastrophe
November 19th, 2008, 12:01 AM
well when I get to school around 2nd period I ask to go to the library to "do homework from another class" and when I get there I load up a research site and use a bypass site to get on here. so when a teacher walks buy I just switch it and act like I'm doing something important.

Glad to know that thefret is contributing to your education, pes.

[geezer on] Get to studying, or I'm telling your dad!

...and stay off of other people's lawns, too. [geezer off]

I post when I have time. Like late at night, when Baby Kat has trouble getting to sleep...

Dreadman
November 19th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Great reference Warren. Really cool that someone else remembers that. :bravo:

I'm something of a night owl so most of what I post is in the wee hours.

Jimi75
November 19th, 2008, 02:23 AM
At work most of the time. But, wherever I am, as soon as I start a computer and connect to the internet I type in these words: www.thefret.net

Ch0jin
November 19th, 2008, 03:23 AM
At work most of the time. But, wherever I am, as soon as I start a computer and connect to the internet I type in these words: www.thefret.net

hehe, I'm using google chrome so I just type 'thef' and it figures it out ;)

(and yes, see sometimes I post from home)

Kazz
November 19th, 2008, 05:19 AM
mostly at home and mainly between 4 and 6am on weekdays....a range of times on the weekends.

oldguy
November 19th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Right..........................now!:dude:

duhvoodooman
November 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Rarely while sleeping.

Glacies
November 19th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Mainly at work. For the last few months I've been running these day long experiments and there's a lot of down time during them. I'm not working for my boss, I'm working for the owner of my company and he won't let me take on any other tasks until this project is complete.

R_of_G
November 19th, 2008, 08:10 AM
During the week it's mostly from work. I have too little free time at home and don't often use the computer there. On the weekends it's different.

warren0728
November 19th, 2008, 09:01 AM

Great reference Warren. Really cool that someone else remembers that.

i was wondering if anyone would catch the reference....steve martin at his best! :AOK:

player
November 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I post whenever I get the chance and a thread looks interesting... I joined in April '06 and have close to 2,000, so I guess I'm about average on that end of the spectrum. As the site grows, I notice I have less time to check out threads posted throughout the day, but, hey, that's what makes it exciting.
You can always go back and see what you missed in each category. I find new things all the time that I've missed......and bringing up an old thread, or bumping it to the top is really fun. I try to check out the site early in the morning and late in the evening while I'm working away from home......lots better than wasting time in front of the television.
I'll sneak in a look now and then while at work, now that I've got a laptop.
But it's mostly mornings, nights, and weekends (when I'm not playing guitar).

:)
pretty much the same deal although from a machine in the office is not out of the question either,from my own machine when time allows or get the chance.laptop at work/office,home is a desk top.
like the rev too much time spent(many times after looking at another screen all day).as OG says playing guitar always wins out,definitely no Tube,fer sure more fun here.nothing going on at the moment so reply post is in order.will check further later this evening,maybe much later. :D

oldguy
November 19th, 2008, 10:56 AM
pretty much the same deal although from a machine in the office is not out of the question either,from my own machine when time allows or get the chance.laptop at work/office,home is a desk top.
like the rev too much time spent(many times after looking at another screen all day).as OG says playing guitar always wins out,definitely no Tube,fer sure more fun here.nothing going on at the moment so reply post is in order.will check further later this evening,maybe much later. :D

Hey, how was your birthday? A good one, I hope.:)

just strum
November 19th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Great reference Warren. Really cool that someone else remembers that. :bravo:

I'm something of a night owl so most of what I post is in the wee hours.

something of a night owl??? Folks, let me tell you, this guy hasn't slept since 2001.

PAPPY
November 19th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I don't post much and I don't spend much time reading posts.......just once a day....all day long.......and once a night....from dusk till dawn.

Gil Janus
November 19th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Since I'm one of the retired crowd, I read and post when ever I have the chance. I don't have to squeeze it in during work. Sometimes, it's all day, other times it will be late at night after being out and about for the day.

Gil :cool:

Andy
November 19th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I pop in here and there usually when I'm eating or taking a break ,I'm working from home and just picked up a big decal job so I haven't been in as much lately.

peachhead
November 19th, 2008, 09:30 PM
i was wondering if anyone would catch the reference....steve martin at his best! :AOK:

one of my favorite all time albums. I think it started the general decline of my value to society. I had such promise before then....

I can't get to the site at work anymore and nowadays I generally wait until everyone else is asleep, but then that's a lot of my playing time...so sometimes I compromise and just read, but not post.