PDA

View Full Version : Roadhouse Strat, Ceriatone and Traynor.

oldguy
November 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I recorded this to a backing track with the Strat, Ceriatone, and Traynor split with the Bad Monkey. The Traynor has reverb, the Ceriatone has delay, (Digitech Digidelay), the Bad Monkey has just a touch of boost. No bib overalls, and a haircut thrown in for laughs................:rotflmao:
I'm still tweaking the setup, btw......... and it sounds better in the living room than here using the webcam and built in mic on the laptop, but you'll have to take my word for it.............:pancake:

a1o7mI4aNrk

Blaze
November 18th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Your Roadhouse Strat sounds pure ,good jam man ,i like your groove ..Nice !

Blazes :AOK:

Robert
November 18th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Hey that sounds great even through the laptop speakers!

Algonquin
November 18th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Sounds great Glenn... must be killer in your room :AOK:

Katastrophe
November 18th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Gawd, but you get the coolest tones, man. Really enjoyed listening.:AOK:

warren0728
November 18th, 2008, 09:18 PM
man that's great tone....i might have to with my bad monkey and 2 amps....really like your playing too! :bravo:

sunvalleylaw
November 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Sounds great Glenn! You are one guy that has his own sound that is recognizable. A combo of your playing and tone. Very nice!

oldguy
November 18th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the comments, and you taking time to listen.
I'm really flattered by the compliments as well. I can't take much credit for the sound.......that just comes from constantly mixing and matching what I have as opposed to buying more gear....experimenting, as it were.
I can thank the people here for the help and encouragement over the last 2 plus years. I've watched Robert's videos and learned lots, Spud has given constructive evaluation (I'll skip the "critic" word) and made suggestions most helpful, Tone has just flat out been a buddy, Duhvoodoo's built me a great pedal, Sunvalley and I yak and encourage one another, ................
Jimi, Algonquin, Kat, Justa, SuperSwede............ sniff, sniff (teary eyed)....

Well, this is just a GREAT place for guitar players........where ever they may be........ and I think I'll miss YOU most of all, tin man.
Three Cheers for TheFret.Net.........
HURRAH, HURRAH, HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks folks.:D

(oh, yeah, somewhere out there someone's gonna say "what was that all about?".......... I'm in a good mood tonight, that's all.)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Algonquin
November 19th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Keep em coming Glenn :AOK:

duhvoodooman
November 19th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Wow, Glenn, if that setup sounds that good through your laptop cam/mic, I can't imagine how it would sound with a "proper" recording rig! Sweet tones, my man! :AOK: :dude: :bravo:

Sure would like to hear the ZYS in the mix with that Strat & Ceriatone....just sayin'! ;) :poke: :D

M29
November 19th, 2008, 08:49 AM
That was sweet Glenn, great tone and playing. Your riffage flows nicely.

M

oldguy
November 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Sure would like to hear the ZYS in the mix with that Strat & Ceriatone....just sayin'! ;) :poke: :D

Voodoo,

I certainly want to try that combination when time permits....... I'm thinking something a little more raw, bluesy. I'm mulling between using the ZYS for a boost, or using the Overdrive's boost w/ very little on the gain channel and then using the ZYS for the distortion. The Overdrive's boost switch works on both the clean and the OD channel, and the gain channel can go from barely overdriven to full out distortion.
Any suggestions more than welcome....after all, you built the ZYS for me!:)

aeolian
November 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM
That is sweet! It lifts my spirits listening to it this morning, thank you.

Justaguyin_nc
November 20th, 2008, 01:49 PM
No bib overalls, and a haircut thrown in for laughs................:rotflmao:
I'm still tweaking the setup[/youtube]

I seen nothing wrong with the old setup..:thwap:

Great sounds Oldguy... Strat sounds and looks great...
love those digi delays...

:bravo: :beer: :bravo:

GREENMACHINE
November 21st, 2008, 01:33 AM
Man, wicked tones Glenn, awesome. Everytime I watch your videos or listen to your audio clips it ALWAYS inspires me!

Great job man, it sounds awesome!!!

Laterz,
Cav

helliott
November 22nd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Man, I'd just about mug you to get that lovely clean tone. Sounds fantastic. Lots more please!

tot_Ou_tard
November 23rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Smooth, beautiful &, bluesy.

Great stuff Oldy!

Tell me about the Ceriatone & the Traynor. I've heard of them, but don't know anything beyond that.

---I just saw the Traynor thread...so tell me about the Ceriatone ;)

oldguy
November 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Smooth, beautiful &, bluesy.

Great stuff Oldy!

Tell me about the Ceriatone & the Traynor. I've heard of them, but don't know anything beyond that.

---I just saw the Traynor thread...so tell me about the Ceriatone ;)

Thanks, tot.

I like mine alot.:D
Here's some links that will explain it better than I could........ Nik Azam does good work, builds clones of lots of famous amphs at reasonable prices, and always answered every e-mail I sent within 24 hrs.:AOK: It cost me $150 US to have the amph delivered to my door from Maylasia (and packed very well, I might add....lots of bubble wrap, box in a box, double wrapped). Point-to-point handwired by Nik himself, using good components, no PCB, no cheap crap inside, very good build. It took 10 weeks to get it, he's very busy nowadays.
(There's also a Ceriatone forum, not run by Nik, but he does check in, and updates his designs when mods are done by owners and all agree it's an improvement on the amphs. At least that's how I understand it from visiting the forum, I haven't joined yet.)

http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/Overtone/CTOvertone_Cabinet.htm

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/CeriaTone/Overtone/10/1

oldguy
November 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Man, I'd just about mug you to get that lovely clean tone. Sounds fantastic. Lots more please!

Thanks, Howard........no need to mug me, set up one amp clean w/ reverb, another clean w/ delay, split the signal to both, and you're set.
Kinda messed this up, but I did a short one today.
Just me noodlin' w/ some chords.

I7kxG1Sp6FQ

Ch0jin
November 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
(There's also a Ceriatone forum, not run by Nik, but he does check in, and updates his designs when mods are done by owners and all agree it's an improvement on the amphs. At least that's how I understand it from visiting the forum, I haven't joined yet.)

Any chance you could link me to that Ceriatone forum? PM if you like. Sounds like a place I'd be interested in checking out as I've been drooling over Nik's Plexi kits for some time.

oldguy
November 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
Any chance you could link me to that Ceriatone forum? PM if you like. Sounds like a place I'd be interested in checking out as I've been drooling over Nik's Plexi kits for some time.

You betcha......... here you go..........
You might have to browse around a little, but there should be something there about the Plexi.

http://www.ceriatoneforum.com/

Ch0jin
November 24th, 2008, 12:37 AM
cheers :beer:

tot_Ou_tard
November 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Nice tone Geezer!

OK, you've done it. Now I want a Ceriatone Overtone Special. It's really hard to find the basic specs on their website. Yes, you get a full layout, but I'm talking about tube complement, watts, controls, effects loop etc.

What does yours have? That $150 you spoke of was obviously just the shipping cost not amph + shipping. ;)

oldguy
November 24th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Nice tone Geezer!

OK, you've done it. Now I want a Ceriatone Overtone Special. It's really hard to find the basic specs on their website. Yes, you get a full layout, but I'm talking about tube complement, watts, controls, effects loop etc.

What does yours have? That $150 you spoke of was obviously just the shipping cost not amph + shipping. ;)

6L6 based 40-50w 2 channel, clean and OD, boost switch on both channels, effects loop in back, TMB, presence control, preamp volume, power amp volume, level and gain pots on OD side, bright, deep, and jazz/rock switches.
Total on the amph was $1300, that included shipping.
You can find a lot more if you check the harmony central and ceriatone forum links I posted in this thread.
And yes, you should buy one, and soon. They are going up in price all the time. I see them selling for new prices on flea'bay 'cause people don't want to wait for one to ship from Maylaysia.
You can also e-mail Nik directly if you have questions or want one built. :AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
November 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Too rich for my blood & too many watts for how I would use it, but it seems like a damned sweet amph.