PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Fletcher - Fantastic Blues player

Jimi75
November 19th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Some months ago I have recieved a catalogue from a record company. Among the many new cds was one of Kirk Fletcher. I checked some of his stuff and was very impressed. Two days ago I rechekced, just to make sure that he really is that good and my impression wasn't false. He is! Check out this fantastic player, some great licks that just wait to be copied.

4PGPhaWCgYY

AiZCHJM1VEg

F_BSurfer
November 19th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Very good , and young player I have his album Shades Of Blue and love it......

Robert
November 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM
He's great. I think he has played with Mike Landau a bit. Some some videos with them too. Landau is a monster player too if you didn't know.

warren0728
November 19th, 2008, 08:58 AM
good stuff jimi....thanks for the post....

sumitomo
November 19th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Your right Jimi he's got some good chops,I like when he starts out the way he lays on that sig Albert lick,he puts it in and dosent over do it.Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
November 19th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Very nice stuff! Thanks Jimi for turning me on to him!

birv2
November 20th, 2008, 05:53 PM
He's one of the really good little known blues guitarists out there today. I saw him a couple of years ago with the Fabulous Thunderbirds, where he played second fiddle (or guitar) to Nick Curran. He can really rip, though.

Blaze
November 20th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Good mix of the old school & the modern one ,he seems to enjoy build ups & got a classic sound too..Awesome

Blazes:AOK:

poodlesrule
November 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I was not able to find a tour schedule for him...

(but learned that Robert Cray Band will play in my area this March -Foxboro for the folks near Boston..!)