PDA

View Full Version : Hamburgers - the worst and the best

Robert
November 19th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Take a look at the number of calories in these things -

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/20070/americas-best-and-worst-burgers/

Many of those mentioned are not available around here where I live. Maybe that's just as well. :D

marnold
November 19th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Well, that's "best" and "worst" purely on the "most likely to kill you" scale.

There's a brewpub in Appleton that makes the best tasting burger I've ever had. Seems to me that Fuddruckers was pretty good too but I haven't been to one of those in forever.

Algonquin
November 19th, 2008, 09:20 PM
When our office was downtown, one the Gents in my group kept mentioning we had to go to a place called the Bellwood Restaurant that served 16oz hamburgers! http://www.toronto.com/restaurants/listing/371881
I never had the incliniation to take him up on the offer :puke: I'm sure it's a nice burger and all, but too much for me.

I saw a recent newspaper add that listed a place in New Mexico as having one of the best burgers joints in the Country... let's see if T2TB knows anything about the place.

Jimi75
November 20th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Good to see that my favourite burgers are among the "best" burgers, but this is only because we only have 3-4 variations on burgers here in Germany.

M29
November 20th, 2008, 06:07 AM
I didn't see White Castle gut grenades listed, must be a local burger. Those things have to be the worse but they fit in the palm of your hand.:thwap:

evenkeel
November 20th, 2008, 08:26 AM
"Healthy Hamburger" ?? :D

Seems sort "Jumbo Shrimp", "Happily Married", "Congressional Ethics" to me. :poke:

Place in NYC called Jackson Hole that used to have a great burger.

wingsdad
November 20th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I didn't see White Castle gut grenades listed, must be a local burger. Those things have to be the worse but they fit in the palm of your hand.:thwap:

'Sliders' ? Shot through with holes?

"Buy them by the sack." In college (68-72) we'd buy bags of 30 for $3; w/ cheese for $3.50. Awesome cure for the munchies.

They are kinda limited in actual store locations, being originally a midwestern US phenomenon...when I lived in NY/NJ/CT they were all over. Here in CA, I get them in boxes of 6 Burgers for $4 or 6 Cheesed Gut Bombs for $5 in the frozen foods case at the supermarket. They lack the heavy dose of chopped onions you get freshly-cooked though.

The SoCal burger phenom going back to the 60's is 'In n' Out'. Made fresh. Fries are fresh-cut 'taters, not frozen, too.

Of course, that's not counting the fact that McDonald's 1st & original store that Ray Kroc scored from the McDonald brothers after selling them shake machines in the early 50's was/is in San Bernardino...

Ro3b
November 20th, 2008, 09:01 AM
1/3 pound ground chuck (preferably bought whole and ground at home), mixed with an egg yolk, a tbsp of very finely minced onion, salt, pepper, and a dash of nutmeg, formed into a not-too-firmly-packed patty, dredged in flour, and fried to an internal temperature of 140 degrees F in lots of butter. Serve it on a decent roll, or (my favorite) a toasted English muffin.

warren0728
November 20th, 2008, 09:03 AM
1/3 pound ground chuck (preferably bought whole and ground at home), mixed with an egg yolk, a tbsp of very finely minced onion, salt, pepper, and a dash of nutmeg, formed into a not-too-firmly-packed patty, dredged in flour, and fried to an internal temperature of 140 degrees F in lots of butter. Serve it on a decent roll, or (my favorite) a toasted English muffin.
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

just sayin'....

bigoldron
November 20th, 2008, 11:22 AM
"Healthy Hamburger" ?? :D

Seems sort "Jumbo Shrimp", "Happily Married", "Congressional Ethics" to me. :poke:

Or "military intelligence" or "conservative Democrat".

A place in Dothan AL called "Mrs. Boomers" that makes a great hamburger (the Boomer Burger). Beef O'Brady's also makes a pretty good one too.

The worst hamburger to me is What-a-burger. They're even worse than McDonald's. :puke:

bigoldron
November 20th, 2008, 11:23 AM

Ditto on Warren!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Man, I can just FEEL my arteries hardening!

just strum
November 20th, 2008, 12:00 PM
My daughter calls them "heart attack on a bun" - enough said.

Plank_Spanker
November 20th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Now, let's talk some real man killer burgers...........:D

http://www.cheese-burger.net/stories/worlds_biggest_burger.html

M29
November 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM
You got it wingsdad! Thats them! They taste kinda good but have to be bad. Yeah we get a bag full of em each every now and then for old times sake. They once in a while put a rumbly in my tumbly:puke:

M29
November 20th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Do you guys remember change back from your dollar? I think that was MacDonalds slogan. You get a burger, fry and a coke with change back from your dollar. Shoot I payed 1.66/gal for gas today, maybe I will get back change for my dollar for a gallon of gas soon.:thwap:

marnold
November 20th, 2008, 01:44 PM
This thread reminds me of this classic SNL skit (http://www.hulu.com/watch/3533/saturday-night-live-the-olympia-restaurant).