PDA

View Full Version : Hello good people

Suhnton
November 21st, 2008, 09:01 AM
Greetings all,

I've just joined this site, so I thought I'd say hello. I first started playing a good 24 years ago, stopped playing in my 20's and got back into it in the last couple of years or so. This time round my main "quest" is to just write some decent tunes with a bit of punch, kind of like Springsteen on steroids or Robertson-Gorham era Thin Lizzy (as you have probably already guessed I'm approaching 40 :)).

Gear-wise, my main guitar has become an Epiphone SG-400 (the triple humbucker version), which just rocks, a sweet guitar. I also have a Gibson LP standard, but I actually prefer the SG tone. I have a POD which I use for jamming at home and I recently just went FX mad and built a bunch of BYOC pedals. So now I have a Screamer, Red Llama, Big Muff and Green Ringer clones, as well as a Tremulus Lune tremolo. If I had to choose just one of those pedals, it would definitely be the Red Llama. Has a nice kick that tames up when you roll off the volume. I also have a couple of Maxon pedals (70's era compressor and phaser).

My "other hobby" is weight-training, which I take pretty seriously. My wife seems to appreciate the results anyway :)

Well, my apologies for the long-winded intro. I hope to stop in every now and then to see what's up.

Cheers.

Algonquin
November 21st, 2008, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the Fret!
Cheers :beer:

warren0728
November 21st, 2008, 09:05 AM
welcome suhnton....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Blaze
November 21st, 2008, 09:10 AM
Welcome & Bienvennue Suhnton or should we call you muscle man..Looks like a nice gear you ve got there.I think you ll appreciate this friendly forum.

See Ya !

Blazes:dude:

oldguy
November 21st, 2008, 09:29 AM
Welcome to TheFret!:)

sunvalleylaw
November 21st, 2008, 10:16 AM
Welcome! I am sure you will have fun here. You can help "Pump us up!"

Robert
November 21st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Welcome Suhnton! Glad to have you here. I was a big fan of Gorham and Robertson back in the day. What a band Thin Lizzy was!

Spudman
November 21st, 2008, 10:47 AM
Hi and welcome.:wave: We are here to...
9vMNTizkkVk

Brian Krashpad
November 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM
Welcome! Lotsa of cool peeps here.

Lotta scrawny runner-types though.

I wouldn't mind being scrawny again. :(

warren0728
November 21st, 2008, 02:05 PM
wouldn't mind being scrawny again. :(
i'm thinking i'll never see scrawny again.... :thwap:

i like :beer: and :pancake: too much.... :rotflmao:

evenkeel
November 21st, 2008, 02:31 PM
Welcome. Nice bunch of folks here. :) :)

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2008, 03:04 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Suhnton! Always great to have another DIY pedal guy here to offset some of these little girly men who BUY all their pedals. Pitiful l-o-o-o-sers! Wait a minute, I think I'm mixing up my thread topics here.... ;)

BTW, what did you use for that Red Llama build? The GGG kit, maybe? BYOC doesn't offer one of those, and I've been thinking about building one, since I've read so many good things about it.

just strum
November 21st, 2008, 03:38 PM
Suhnton, welcome to the forum, by the title of this thread it is obvious your didn't read any of the posts before joining.

Actually it's the best on the web - enjoy and be cautious of hissing noises.

warren0728
November 21st, 2008, 03:50 PM
Always great to have another DIY pedal guy here to offset some of these little girly men who BUY all their pedals. Pitiful l-o-o-o-sers!
hey....you're right....cancel my order!! :poke: :rotflmao:

duhvoodooman
November 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
hey....you're right....cancel my order!! :poke: :rotflmao:
Er, wait a minute, let me rephrase that!! :eek: ;)

Suhnton
November 21st, 2008, 10:01 PM
BTW, what did you use for that Red Llama build? The GGG kit, maybe? BYOC doesn't offer one of those, and I've been thinking about building one, since I've read so many good things about it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

DVM, with regard to the Red Llama, although it's not listed on the main page, Tonepad have a schematic for it. Actually it's a double-banger. The original Craig Anderson Fuzz, and the Red Llama version. I've attached the PDF for your viewing pleasure. Considering the prices I've heard these things fetch, the 25-30 dollars I paid to make mine was well worth it.

ted s
November 30th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hey Suhnton, welcome aboard !

tot_Ou_tard
December 22nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
I missed saying hello Suhnton. I just saw the yen reference in your post on the Yamaha Acoustic.

With you & syo we have at least two Japanese Fretters. Welcome.

mrmudcat
December 27th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Welcome:bravo:

pes_laul
December 27th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Hi and welcome.:wave: We are here to...
9vMNTizkkVk
ha aaron and some other guys did that skit for the talent show last year.

oh yeah sorry

welcome sunhton:rockon:

Suhnton
December 28th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Cheers everyone.
mrmudcat, you name reminded me of this song:
uQAMafpfq4Y