November 21st, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'm getting it. Seems like the ultimate zombie game! :dude:

Anyone tried it yet?

See http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/left4dead

Just look at this yummy excerpt: :D

NWuajo8_eUY

SuperSwede
November 22nd, 2008, 03:16 AM
I tried the demo and I thought it was kinda cool..

Tone2TheBone
November 22nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
I love to hate zombies. I'd love killing me some cept from far far away yeah. Zombies creep me out big time.

Robert
November 22nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
I think will be an awesome game! Scary and gory with an adrenaline rush! Not for kids!

Robert
January 14th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I've been playing this game for a few weeks now. Musta killed, hmmm, hundreds of zombies by now. :whatever: Still they keep on coming.

It's an intense game. Lots of fun, shooting zombies. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but it apparently is very fun. The single player mode is cool for a while, but can become repetitive. If you get this game, keep in mind it's meant to play multiplayer.

I wish the game had more of a story, like Half-Life 2. The amount of weapons and things you can carry also seems limited. I would give the game a 7 out of 10 in single player mode.

Andy
January 15th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Hmmm , even I can play this, just shoot everything in sight...lol

Squireman131
January 16th, 2009, 09:44 PM
i dont like that all the cool zombie games are for x box. I dont care for microsoft or having to pay for online play so i went playstation.

Ch0jin
January 19th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I've had it for a few days now and for what it is, it's great fun.

I'm a massive zombie movie fan so getting this game was a no brainer for me.

I've had some sensational online fun with it. Wait till late at night, all the lights off, and preferably a few drinks and its made me jump out of my skin a few times. I had a great group of guys the other night who were keen to role play it and man that was fun. Especially as we all just randomly happened to be intoxicated, so we pretended we were just a bunch of drunk dudes fighting zombies, so funny. This one American guy had the rest of us laughing so hard we had to keep muting the mic's. (according to a drunk guy from Texas, I talk funny hehe)

From a gamers point of view it lacks polish, especially after the graphical orgy that Gears 2 is, but at the end of the day I give mad props to the developers for making a game for Zombie Movie Lovers. It's a risk financially to target a game so specifically, and then to all but abandon single player and the requisite storyline, but they did it, and after a tough day, there's stress to be relieved in blowing up zombies I gotta tell ya.

Robert
January 19th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I still have only played single player mode, and I have fun with that, but I realize the multiplayer mode is more exciting.

Man, those Tanks are tough suckers!

duhvoodooman
January 19th, 2009, 08:53 AM
My son loves this game. Plays it online, team-based. The teams take turns being the humans and the zombies. Graphics are great. I was watching over his shoulder this weekend, and it looks like a hoot....

Tone2TheBone
January 19th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I've had it for a few days now and for what it is, it's great fun.

I'm a massive zombie movie fan so getting this game was a no brainer for me.

I've had some sensational online fun with it. Wait till late at night, all the lights off, and preferably a few drinks and its made me jump out of my skin a few times. I had a great group of guys the other night who were keen to role play it and man that was fun. Especially as we all just randomly happened to be intoxicated, so we pretended we were just a bunch of drunk dudes fighting zombies, so funny. This one American guy had the rest of us laughing so hard we had to keep muting the mic's. (according to a drunk guy from Texas, I talk funny hehe)

From a gamers point of view it lacks polish, especially after the graphical orgy that Gears 2 is, but at the end of the day I give mad props to the developers for making a game for Zombie Movie Lovers. It's a risk financially to target a game so specifically, and then to all but abandon single player and the requisite storyline, but they did it, and after a tough day, there's stress to be relieved in blowing up zombies I gotta tell ya.

"Waking Dead" ----- I think this game is for you dude.

u1MKj5HYW2Q

Ch0jin
January 20th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Wooooo. I'll check that out T2TB. Thanks for posting it :)

Geraint Jones
January 21st, 2009, 02:17 PM
I`m looking for something after finishing Gears of War 2 , I was thinking of Dead Space but after watching Event Horizon I might spend most of the time hiding behind the sofa .

Tone2TheBone
April 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Followup...

So did you get the game Rob? Is it good? I'm gassing for a new game and I think blasting Zombies is next on the list.

Robert
April 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I got the game, yeah. I don't have Xbox Live, which is what it is designed for. The single player campaigns get boring after a while, and you can't play with a friend using 2 controllers on your Xbox - you need to use Live online for that.

Otherwise, it's a really cool game with lots of stressful moments. :)

Geraint Jones
April 9th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I bought Dead Space a few weeks ago and can thoroughly recomend it , although if you can play it at night with head phones on you are a better man than I.

Tone2TheBone
April 9th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Googles "Dead Space"

Tone2TheBone
November 5th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Followup since getting L4D. Played the single player levels very quickly and now I'm doing multi-player online and it's way more fun online. I thought it was cool that I could download add on levels too and play those single or multi player there's a few of them to add that are pretty cool. I play on the laptop. Do any of you play online?

Robert
November 5th, 2009, 12:44 PM
How much does it cost to play L4D online on the PC?

Did you know there is a Left 4 Dead 2 coming out soon?

Wt2rGmUmm2A

Tig
November 5th, 2009, 02:32 PM
This one and the new one look cool, but I can't play first person shooters... Makes me nauseous/sea sick!

Not sure why, since I can handle serious seas and aerobatics. I think my inner ear vs my sight conflicts somehow, as in, my eyes tell me I'm moving, but my inner ear equilibrium says otherwise. Weird! :puke: :messedup:

My teen son loves these kinds of games, but I have to be cautious on the M rated stuff.

Tone2TheBone
November 5th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Some games do that to me too Tig. I can't play any of the Mario World games on the Wii via the big screen tv. That one makes me queasy because not only are you running and jumping and flying but you can do this upside down and sideways. :o

Rob...once you load the Steam client on your computer you can play online for free. It's even free'er if you're logged onto WiFi. There are game servers that run these games 24/7 and people just log on all the time.

deeaa
November 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I just played Left 4 Dead for the first time today. Looks pretty. Single player gaming seems very boring, just lots of blood and gore, nothing scary ad no 'finesse' like more accurate aiming, peek around corners, prone, nothing. Then again I guess I'm just not easily scared, I felt the same about Dead Space. I don't see what's scary about them really. Even Half-life was scarier.

But it seems very well done, I suppose multiplayer must be lots more fun. Gotta check it out!

Tone2TheBone
November 10th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I just played Left 4 Dead for the first time today. Looks pretty. Single player gaming seems very boring, just lots of blood and gore, nothing scary ad no 'finesse' like more accurate aiming, peek around corners, prone, nothing. Then again I guess I'm just not easily scared, I felt the same about Dead Space. I don't see what's scary about them really. Even Half-life was scarier.

But it seems very well done, I suppose multiplayer must be lots more fun. Gotta check it out!

Nothing tops Half Life series. This is the kind of game where you just go for the ride and enjoy mindless zombie slaying. However playing online with real people on the other end of the characters makes the game more fun. You either cooperate with one another and make it through the levels or you all die. Or some of you die. You can crouch ahead of your team so you can't get shot by friendly fire and you can aim for headshots and get special headhunter props on the stats. Kinda make it your own challenge that way but the online teamwork is definately the way to have fun with this one.

Tone2TheBone
April 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Update: Some of you have already noticed but if you haven't Steam has revamped their web client and added a new level to the Left 4 Dead 2 saga. The level is called "Passage" and seems to occur right after the escape from the mall in the stock car. You have to manuever through a wedding, a long underground tunnel and of course the various apartments and warehouses to get to the finale' where you meet up with 3 of the original Left 4 Dead survivors...Zoey, Louis and Francis. Bill died. :( The finale' is pretty cool. There are 16 gas cans that you have to collect to fill up the generator that operates the bridge where the stock car is parked so you can make your escape (again). The L4D survivors help you out a little by offering covering fire but you and the southern team are the ones grabbing the cans. Neat little level and of course is best played online with others.

Robert
April 28th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Cool, so this is for the L4D version 2 game? I only have the first game.

Tone2TheBone
April 28th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Cool, so this is for the L4D version 2 game? I only have the first game.

Yeah this is for L4D2 and as far as I know it's only available on the PC Steam client. I don't know if they added it to the Xbox one or not. I can ask my daughter's BF.