PDA

View Full Version : finally excited about the holidays

Childbride
November 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
i don't know about y'all, but

i have traditionally dreaded the holidays, since childhood.

stress, trying to please everyone and get everywhere you need to be to not offend...

for once in a very long time, i am thrilled about the upcoming weeks.

==========

wed, after i get done with a whopper docket in one of my rurals, we pack it up and head to houston. sonbyproxy officially wants to host his first t-day. he called this morning. he'd spent a day overhauling his digs to get all cleaned up, was even planning on buying furniture to flesh out his bachelor pad, and was going to the store to buy all the goodies. he was so excited, i couldn't help but grin. he has planned/bought tickets/etc for the entire time we are there to show us a good time. won't let us buy a thing... even plans on taking us to guitar central [ooohhh... dangerous... we have a 15% off coupon... must not spend monies... :messedup: :eek: :drool: ]

then BG will be here the week of xmas, and we finally have the music room together to record the three of us playing/singing. i plan on taking as much time off that week as i can.

========

what special plans do y'all have for the holidays?

warren0728
November 22nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
bah....humbug....

Childbride
November 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM
bah....humbug....

ahhh, warren...

i know. BG and i will do a song just for you.

whatchoo want us to play for you? :) special request, just for warren. 'cause he's cool like that. :pancake: :D :beer:

[umm... has to be something i can play/sing :) ]

just strum
November 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
Sounds great CB, you and Shiner should have a good time in Houston, just leave me the house key in the usual spot.

My holiday will be somewhat based on if I receive a call on Monday.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! Even you folks up in Canada, you probably eat beaver - hmm, maybe it's time to change my citizenship.

Childbride
November 22nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
house key planted. ;)

just be sure to clean up after yourself.

i have good feelings about monday, Strummy. you deserve it.

street music
November 22nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
CB, that sounds like a great plan, I'm excited about that next Shiner Records release. Kodiak and our daughter-in-law will be home for Thanksgiving and we haven't made Christmas plans as of yet. I was in the guitar store today and one of my friends played my SX hollowbody through a Roland Qube60 that sounded like it needs a new home-ADD TO WISH LIST" Santa I hope you read this.
I really hope that all of our forum members can have a happy & healthy Holiday season with friends and family.:bravo: