PDA

View Full Version : Computer Junkie

Blaze
November 23rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Recently I have reflected on the fact that I spend too much time on my PC.instead of spending time on some important or not stuff .i ve had that reflexe to surf on the net or wathever goes whit it ..I ve got tunes to practice and a lot of others things to do ..

Come on Blazes discipline yourself , there s life out there.....

Spudman
November 23rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
It's real easy to get hooked up in spending too much time on the computer. It takes real discipline to get away from it sometime but when you do you'll find many other things in life that are very rewarding. (I have the same problem:o)

Just don't turn it on until after you've done all the other things you need to do.

sunvalleylaw
November 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
The problem for me is that when I am working, the computer IS on. And I am hooked on to the internet. The key for me I think is to only allow myself access to this place, facebook, etc. after other things are done, or on maybe a schedule like before and after work, coffee break etc. But I fall off that discipline often.

Robert
November 23rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
I know this topic too well.... I'm on the darn computer way too much. You are preaching to the choir!

Algonquin
November 23rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Ditto... but I'm on it for work a lot, and it's easy to pop over and have a look what's going on here. It's usually on when I practice too, like right now. I'm getting my fix of trying to learn the intro to a tune I like, but it's tricky and glancing over here helps me take a breath.

But soon outside I will go! :AOK: (Crap, sounded like Yoda there)

Tibernius
November 23rd, 2008, 11:47 AM
Same here.
I think that's bad though you should try building one. I spent about two months building this one. :eek:

Andy
November 24th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I work on my computer so I'm on it all the time and taking breaks popping into the fret now and than is necessary , I usually have a guitar with me also . If I'm watching tv I often sit with my guitar.

I'm usually just noodeling around with my fretting hand, the problem is I'm not paying full attention, so I'm just repeating riffs or practice runs I already know well enough.

Jimi75
November 24th, 2008, 09:43 AM
It makes me sad to see how many people have poor social contacts. I would say I spend too much time in the virtual world, although I can claim to have a very healthy circle of "real" friends and enough events that take place in the "real" life. The computer is my working tool so it is on all the time and so I am always tempted to ride on the data highway.

Maybe some of you read my thread about "fasting". Well fasting from the pc for two weeks could be something I would try out. Let us see what we do with our time and if we are still able to be engaged withourselves and not with the usual 19" TFT in front of us.

:pancake:

Blaze
November 24th, 2008, 10:32 AM
In the 60 s - 70 s people became tv s junkie & now it s part of life to let the tv on any time.
I guess now it s the same with Pcs and video games .
I got a standard pc & bought a laptop few months ago so there s obviously more temptation.
Let say that pc s have much more usefulness than tv thougt..

Blazes

stingx
November 24th, 2008, 09:38 PM
If i wasn't married I'd be out whoring it up instead of posting on forums.

warren0728
November 24th, 2008, 10:15 PM
If i wasn't married I'd be out whoring it up instead of posting on forums.
i'm not married....but here i am.... :thwap: