PDA

View Full Version : New Skin

tot_Ou_tard
November 23rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
I took a break from playing (working on a blues fingerstyle song using thumb to fret the low E) to do some dishes. I cut my fretting thumb on the edge of a pan. I tried a bandaid, but that constrained my mobility too much. Then I remembered that I had some New Skin liquid bandage. A little of that & coupla' minutes to dry & voila I was back to playing.

Too cool.

Algonquin
November 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Good tip tot_Ou_tard.

Just make sure the wound is cleaned well before you apply... trapping anything under the 'new skin' would likely makes things a bit tender.

Cheers,
David

oldguy
November 23rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
Good tip tot_Ou_tard.

Just make sure the wound is cleaned well before you apply... trapping anything under the 'new skin' would likely makes things a bit tender.

Cheers,
David

Good thinking.
Clean any wound thoroughly before applying something that could trap infection, and check often to prevent any surprises.

(btw, crazy glue will work in a pinch........not recommending it, just sayin'..);)

tot_Ou_tard
November 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Good tip tot_Ou_tard.

Cheers,
David

It was cleaned but still bleeding. The cut was on the pad of my thumb. I was just trying to get it to stop so it wouldn't bleed on my guitar. I'm going to remove the new skin today, wash, & reapply it so it won't break open again.