PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Gov pedal cheap

M29
November 25th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Hello,

I did not want to interrupt a new pedal post so I thought I would put this here.
G C has a sale on the Marshall Gov'nor Plus GV-2 pedal for 29.99 in an ad they sent me for the whole weekend.

Not affiliated with GC but thought that was a great deal for someone.

M

duhvoodooman
November 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM
This is a GREAT pedal, IMO--kind of fits in between most overdrives and harder-edged distortion pedals. What sets it apart from most pedals of this genre is the unusual degree of EQ control--you get FOUR controls rather than the usual one or two. Treble, mids, bass and a really cool control called DEEP, which sounds like it lifts the whole lower-mids/bass frequency range. If you want a reasonable facsimile of 4x12 cab "thump" from a pedal, this is the closest I've heard.

Most of you know that I build most of my own effects these days. But I own one of these, and if it was stolen, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. And for $30 vs. the usual $70, it's a steal. Highly recommended.

Here's a link to the pedal on GC's website. Note that this does NOT show the special in-store pricing M29 mentioned. Has links for clips and a video demo:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-GV-2-Guv-nor-Plus-Effects-Pedal-100639863-i1124269.gc

Blaze
November 25th, 2008, 09:35 AM
A friend has left me a Marshall Jh -1 Jack Hammer,this pedal is versatile but mostly rock and it rocks hard.I like the bass, treble & contour settings emulate the marshall amp sound..I might get it .

Blazes :dude:

M29
November 25th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Let me see if I can get this ad in here.

https://guitarcenter.rsys1.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?nNpmHkEVTTBUUVX_u_8sHJr.40kpKHRE07udf XF9a7y0.26yDu.260

That works

M

Brian Krashpad
November 25th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Holy cow.

Distortion pedals are almost the only effect I ever use. That looks like it'll fit right in between my Bad Monkey and 60's fuzz, on the overdrive side, and my Supra Distortion on the distortion side.

I really like OD/distortions with more than 1 tone control.

I just might hafta buy myself an early Christmas present!

Thanks M29! :beer:

tunghaichuan
November 25th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks for posting that, M29. I got that flyer but totally missed the Marshal pedal deal. :thwap:

The only downside is braving Black Friday traffic to go to the local GC. It will be a zoo there :eek:

tung

markb
November 25th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Th original Guvnor was a good pedal and an interesting one. It was the first (iirc) to use leds for clipping and cleverly used an inverted signal on the 2nd gain stage input so they could put the tone stack after the 2nd stage just like in a Marshall amp. Probably the first "amp in a box" pedal without yelling about it from the rooftops. I had one of the first reissue models on for board for a couple of years. The old Bluesbreaker pedal is great too.

Algonquin
November 25th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I picked one up about a month ago and thinks it's an absolutely great pedal! I don't regret getting one a bit... not sure how I got along without one!

Run kids run... before they're all gone.

Warren... :poke: , I'm looking in you're direction ;)

Ch0jin
November 25th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Sigh....

$29 USD = $45 AUD.

At my local store the same pedal is $119......

You tease me, you really do :)

warren0728
November 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Warren... :poke: , I'm looking in you're direction ;)
is the sale going on now....or just on black friday....

i already bought one pedal this month.... :thwap:

sunvalleylaw
November 25th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Not like I really need another dirt pedal, but for $30?! Ok, who do I know in Boise?

M29
November 26th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Gee Warren I can't seem to find when the darn sale starts. It says Thanksgiving weekend but when does that start, Thursday (Thanksgiving) to the 30th or Friday to the 30th. Might have to call them on this one.

M

F_BSurfer
November 26th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Was just at GC yesterday and sale starts Fri at 8am they also have D'Addario 8 packs for $19.99 really a lot of good prices on things coming Fri.