PDA

View Full Version : Posting

M29
November 26th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Hello all,

I wondered how you look over the threads when you come to the forum? I scan the main page which probably most do but I feel bad sometimes when I want to post something and someone else has just posted. It knocks their post off the main page. This might be in a member clip or for sale heading, something where I am uncomfortable taking their spot and knocking it off the main page.
Is there anyway that a few posts in each thread could be seen on the main page? This way you could see a few of the most recent posts without clicking on each heading to see if you missed something or post somthing and not knock someone off.

Just a thought.

M29

warren0728
November 26th, 2008, 05:53 PM
i come to the forum page....click "new posts"

read a post....reply if i want to and then hit new posts again....

repeat until there are no new posts....

then click "today's posts" to see if i missed anything else....

just strum
November 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Ditto. Then I see a few I want to read and then hit "mark as read". You people post a hell of a lot of messages from Midnight to 8:00 AM eastern std time.

Spudman
November 26th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I always go to "view recent posts" and that way I can keep up on what everyone is currently talking about. After I've read everything I then go to "quick links and mark forums read." That way the next time I log on everything new that has been posted shows up in bold and I can then see what is up.

Zup dog?

M29
November 27th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks guys thats some good advice, I am a little slow.:D

M29

tot_Ou_tard
November 27th, 2008, 08:36 AM

That's what I do as well, but if Warren is also logged in then the "repeat until there are no new posts" never terminates. ;)

warren0728
November 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM
That's what I do as well, but if Warren is also logged in then the "repeat until there are no new posts" never terminates. ;)
ummm....your post count is higher than mine and you haven't been here as long as me.... :poke:

tot_Ou_tard
November 29th, 2008, 06:15 AM
ummm....your post count is higher than mine and you haven't been here as long as me.... :poke:
Ooops, I mistook you for Strummy. :D

Algonquin
November 29th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I am uncomfortable taking their spot and knocking it off the main page.
M29
I feel the same way when there is a Birthday post, so I try to avoid posting in the 'Open Mic' section. It may sound odd, but I don't feel right bumping the Birthday Boy or Girl off the main page.