PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing one of these guitars

fuzzdemon
November 26th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Ive been hovering around here for a while and wondered if you guys could give me your opinions on these two guitars, an Ibanez SA260M (left) and an ESP LTD MH-53 (right).

I was initially drawn to the ESP on the right but then found Ibanez also have a maple fretboard. I like both. The Ibanez is better wood and probably better all over and its £20 more expensive. The ESP has the floating floyd rose bridge and 24 frets.
I would love to hear your comments.
Thanks

Spudman
November 26th, 2008, 09:51 PM
If you are wanting to do different tunings you can nix the ESP because it means a lot more set up to do that. If you are playing in one tuning only then the ESP seems great.

How many frets do you need? The Ibby only has 22. Also, you won't get real Strat sounds from the Ibby either because the body and pickups lend itself to a little darker tone. Very comfortable guitar though. A better bet in the Ibanez department might be the S320 if a double locking system is your thing. You'll get a thin resonant mahogany body instead of the basswood in the ESP.

hubberjub
November 27th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I would go with the Ibanez. I have never been impressed with LTD. For the money you spend on an LTD you can buy a used ESP. For that matter you could by a used made in Japan Ibanez.

fuzzdemon
November 27th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Hey thanks for the feedback. This tuning thing is a problem for me, I had the Ibanez RG350 and I wasnt keen on the floating trem, one reason I sold it. I agree with you both as well, besides theres plenty of youtube vdeo of the ibanez and only 2 on the ESP and after seeing a clip last night of some guy playing the SA260 (but with rosewood fretboard) I made my mind up lol

heres a clip if you are interested. btw I think this guy is the best guitarist on youtube:master:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EV5DQNY1iSE