PDA

View Full Version : Amp U Plug And Play?

Robert
June 18th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Well, there are certainly lots of alternatives out there when buying an amp. Here's one for practicing that fits in your case.

http://ampuplugnplay.com/

I just found this through an advertisement, thought I'd mention it to you.

There are sound clips on the site, doesn't sound too bad. For 35 bucks, I guess it might be worth it.

Spudman
June 18th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Could this be like the Brian May Vox amp? I notice there is no knobs.:D

I listened to the clips and could detect that thin nasal sound that SS distortion gets. I hate to come off as a curmudgeon but I can't think of an instance where I would use it.:(

I also noticed there are no specs. for the unit. As far as we know the volume is less than an acoustic and they just put the mic right up to the speaker.

I think I'd rather save my $35 and just buy some Carlsberg and have a cold one with Super Swede and Robert.:cool:

SuperSwede
June 19th, 2006, 02:11 AM
I listened to the clips and could detect that thin nasal sound that SS distortion gets.

Bah!!! how can you say such a thing, I never get thin distorsion :D

Anyway, I tried the Vox Brian May and I must say that it had a really useable sound! Check one out, you might be surprised! (And they are really cheap too)

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM03/Content/Vox/PR/Brian-May-Special.jpg

Spudman
June 19th, 2006, 08:01 AM
I was talking about the NEW Brian May AC30. The one that costs the equivalent of a 3rd world GNP.

ZoSo65
June 19th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Interesting Robert.
I think that would come in handy, especially for the guys that practice during lunch break in there car. I'm serious too, I've seen a lot of people doing that.

I wonder if you could set it up to go through pedals, pods, etc. That would be really cool too!

SuperSwede
June 20th, 2006, 08:20 AM
I was talking about the NEW Brian May AC30. The one that costs the equivalent of a 3rd world GNP.

Oh I havent seen that one... sorry.