PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on cab

F_BSurfer
November 29th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I am just about done with my 18 w build and trying to make up my mind on cab so I thought I would post pic here and see what everyone thought. My concerns with this cab is the white discoloring?

hubberjub
November 29th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I think it will look cool after it discolors. A little patina. A few rings from a beer glass or two.

just strum
November 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I agree with hj, it might age nicely. Do you have any other options you are considering?

Plank_Spanker
November 29th, 2008, 02:50 PM
White will age..................a little patina, a few dings here and there............all signs of a well loved and played amp.

F_BSurfer
November 30th, 2008, 07:50 AM
The only other cab I am considering is the black with the gold piping

bigoldron
November 30th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I guess it depends if you're going for that retro look or the classic black amp look. Either way is fine - it's whichever one does for you. The hot look now is the retro and, with a little aging, I think the white will look like it's been around forever. Everybody and his brother has done the black amp, but I guess now the same can be said for the retro look, too.

It boils down to which look do you like best and which one will still be "cool" to you in 5 and 10 years (if you're planning on keeping it that long, which I assume you are).

Sometimes the "hot look" may be OK now, but 10 years down the road, we look back and say, "what was I thinking?". Remember leisure suits and wide collared satin shirts of the 70's? Or the stupid, goofy (to me) look of the 80's?l

I'm one to talk, King of the rash decisions here... Oh well, good luck to you! Can't wait to see (and hear) the finished product. :AOK: :dude:

warren0728
November 30th, 2008, 08:44 AM
i like the retro look of the black/white cab.... :pancake:

hubberjub
November 30th, 2008, 01:06 PM
It boils down to which look do you like best and which one will still be "cool" to you in 5 and 10 years (if you're planning on keeping it that long, which I assume you are).

Sometimes the "hot look" may be OK now, but 10 years down the road, we look back and say, "what was I thinking?". Remember leisure suits and wide collared satin shirts of the 70's? Or the stupid, goofy (to me) look of the 80's?l

I'm one to talk, King of the rash decisions here... Oh well, good luck to you! Can't wait to see (and hear) the finished product. :AOK: :dude:

Those purple and snakeskin Soldanos from the '80's aren't aging very well.