PDA

View Full Version : I need help getting the kids a Wii

sunvalleylaw
November 29th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I am not an experienced gamer. We had a Pong way back when but that was about it. But we are getting the kids a Wii this year, and I need some help figuring out all that I need. We are going to start out with Mario Kart, which is a favorite of theirs when they play at their friends, and that comes with a wheel, but what else do you need to get? We will also probably get them Lego Star Wars. They basically like those kind of things, and on our computer play mostly Mario style games. So what controllers do I need? The "Numchuk" controllers? A remote? Can we leave anything off to start, like get a couple of the numchuks and not the remote?

oldguy
November 29th, 2008, 06:28 PM
We got 2 controllers, 1 nunchcuk, Wii Sports and the Wii Fit balance board.
With the steering wheel you can race, w/ the 2 controllers you can play the sports (way better than most games, imo), and w/ the nunchuk you can play 1 person boxing......get another 'chuk if you want to box each other. 2 controllers will let you compete w/ each other in most games.:)
(Get the docking station w/ rechargeable batteries, also...way cheaper than buying loads of batteries for the controllers.)

just strum
November 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I didn't have trouble getting my kids to wii, it was getting them to do a #2 is where they had a more difficult time. I eventually taught them to do it on the neighbors lawn.

sunvalleylaw
November 29th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I didn't have trouble getting my kids to wii, it was getting them to do a #2 is where they had a more difficult time. I eventually taught them to do it on the neighbors lawn.

Strum, :rolleyes: :thwap: :rotflmao:

player
November 29th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Strum, :rolleyes: :thwap: :rotflmao:
Why teach them to http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p9/market_03/th_crap.gif on the neighbors lawn?to what end - fertilizer.
nephew has a wii..leave it to kids they'll figure it out.what did capture his attention was an X box 360 by his Aunt(my sister's) place.they are awesome.not into gaming either but can see how folks do get hooked on it.

peachhead
November 29th, 2008, 10:05 PM

I knew this was coming but it didn't make it any less funny. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

SuperSwede
November 30th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Steve, you should probably get the classic controller as well... there are a lot of good old classics in the Wii store (including almost all Mario games)