PDA

View Full Version : First Suhr gig tonight

Robert
November 29th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I spent some time setting up my tremolo bridge to float, and I adjusted the action (raised it a bit). Oh man, it's so sweet now! I put a bit of Nut Sauce on the nut and this baby stays in tune so well now, even if I yank and wank! :D

Myra and I got called in last minute for a gig tonight. Turns out the scheduled artist stole money and a car from someone at the establishment.... :bravo: so he is in jail, facing 9 different charges.... so we got the gig, neeeneer neeener neeener!

I'll be sporting my Suhr of course, and maybe my Tele (I'm bringing it as a backup) if any tunes call for it. I hope to get some photos taken since I have some pals coming and I've got my camera there.

SuperSwede
November 30th, 2008, 01:47 AM
The artist stole a car?? So who was scheduled to play, Winona Ryder?

markb
November 30th, 2008, 01:51 AM
I don't know, all that money and you're bringing a backup! Tsk, tsk :)

It's always nice to get the new guitar out of the house and earning its keep.

Robert
November 30th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Haha, the guy who was supposed to play there must have major issues... maybe it really was Winona, I dunno.

I just came back from the gig and it was fun. I got lots of oooohs and aaaaaahs for my guitar tone! Several people asked what gear I was using to get that tone.

I brought the Tele as a backup but never needed it of course! Still, I like to bring a backup guitar in case a string breaks or something.

The other good thing with this gig is that we probably are getting a New Year's Eve gig out of it. They asked us right away if we were available, so suhr, why not!?

evenkeel
November 30th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Nicely done. Glad the new toy worked out and you got another gig out of the deal. :bravo: :pancake:

street music
November 30th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Congrats Robert, it must have been good.

bigoldron
November 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Congrats Robert, it must have been good.

It "suhr-ly" must have been! :rotflmao:

Congrats on the new gig! Just remember it's that ball in Times Square that drops as the new year comes in, not your ax! Have a great time, Robert! :AOK:

warren0728
November 30th, 2008, 08:18 AM
glad the gig went well! did you get any pics? :beer:

oldguy
November 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Sounds great, and you got another gig, too!
Which amph/amphs did you use?

SuperSwede
November 30th, 2008, 09:01 AM
The other good thing with this gig is that we probably are getting a New Year's Eve gig out of it. They asked us right away if we were available, so suhr, why not!?

Awesome, your new guitar seems to be a real good luck charm :)

Robert
November 30th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Photos slide show here!
http://s403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/dolphinstreet/The%20Players%20Club%202008-11-29/?albumview=slideshow

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp120/dolphinstreet/The%20Players%20Club%202008-11-29/PB294360.jpg

sunvalleylaw
November 30th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Looks like it was a fun gig! I like the look of that Mack amph sitting on top of the cab back there too, and of course your new guitar looks great. I just wish there was some sound to go along with those pics, but thanks for sharing the pics anyway.

Robert
November 30th, 2008, 01:15 PM
The drummer actually recorded the gig with his video camera. I will try and get a copy of it.

marnold
December 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM
Just 148,001 more gigs like that and that baby will be paid off! :poke: