PDA

View Full Version : Awseome new vid Andy Timmons

Jimi75
November 30th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Andy Timmons is a great player! In this new video he plays a dramatic balld with some wicked fast bends that remind me of Jeff Beck. The melody lines are perfect....and did you see that Xotic BB Preamp on his board? That is where the cool crisp in his cleas comes from. Chekc out the lines starting from 2:50...definitely something I should put on my practicing schedule.

YmOaDfYtfRA&feature=related

:master:

J75

stingx
November 30th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Great post, Jimi. Andy is the real deal and should get more attention :dude:

warren0728
November 30th, 2008, 10:06 AM
that was excellent! thanks for the post! :bravo:

Guitar-Chris
November 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Great playing. I like the nearly clean part most. I always find this breaking up from clean to little crunch very exciting.

marnold
December 1st, 2008, 10:44 AM
Andy Timmons is seriously underrated. I don't know if his work with Danger Danger "hurts" his rep or what. I've always been impressed with how ultra-clean and accurate his playing is--not one iota of sloppiness.

jpfeifer
December 3rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Great playing. I've seen his ads in GP magazine but haven't really heard him play until seeing this video. You can really hear the Jeff Beck influences in his playing. Really nice. Thanks for sending this.

--Jim

sunvalleylaw
December 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Really nice. Thanks for posting. I like the beginning very well, the middle just before 2 min gets a bit shrill for my taste, but then the closing from 2:35 on as you say Jimi is really amazing. Great playing!

Fab4
December 3rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
I have one of Andy's earlier solo albums. I was impressed by his playing but I thought his compositions were a little weak. He has a new album that he did with just a bass player and drummer (on Steve Vai's inspiration, according to an interview in the new Guitar Player). If the piece in this video is any indication, I think it will be a stronger effort. The discipline of playing rhythm and lead together sounds like it's got him focused more on the composition, as much as on the groovy wailing. I'm looking forward to hearing it.