PDA

View Full Version : First gig

M29
November 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hello,

Had my first gig today. I played with my 16 year old daughter and the children's church group. Was a little bit nervous but not too bad. Some basic D-G-D-A-D action goin on but fun non the less.:rockon:

M

just strum
November 30th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Hello,

Had my first gig today. I played with my 16 year old daughter and the children's church group. Was a little bit nervous but not too bad. Some basic D-G-D-A-D action goin on but fun non the less.:rockon:

M

Hey, congrats on the gig. It had to be a blast having your daughter part of the event.

On to Carnegie Hall!!!

M29
November 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks Mark. Yeah it is fun jamming with her. She recently picked up guitar and that is what we played together today but she has played piano since 3rd grade and that is what she is really good at. She leads the youth group at church. I have to mention she sings really well too. I can't resist braggin on my little love.

We are thinking of doing a Christmas song like Trans-Siberian Orchestra does. That might be fun jammin with some distortion:rockon:

M

peachhead
November 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I agree, that had to be one fun, cool gig.
It would be really neat to play with my kids, if either of them ever showed an interest in learning (plus the fact that they learn so much quicker than I do, at some point I could learn from them too).

sunvalleylaw
November 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks Mark. Yeah it is fun jamming with her. She recently picked up guitar and that is what we played together today but she has played piano since 3rd grade and that is what she is really good at. She leads the youth group at church. I have to mention she sings really well too. I can't resist braggin on my little love.

We are thinking of doing a Christmas song like Trans-Siberian Orchestra does. That might be fun jammin with some distortion:rockon:

M

That's great! Congrats on performing with your daughter. Performing and playing with your kids is the best!

Algonquin
November 30th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Sounds like it was a lot of fun Barry, glad to hear you had a good time. :AOK:

bigoldron
November 30th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hello,

M

That's one of the main reasons I started working with our youth group and started a praise band, my daughter (the recently turned 18 year old) sings with the youth choir and now the youth praise band. She graduates this year and usually, our kids move out of youth after graduation, especially when they go off to shool. But, daughter number 2 is going to be 12 in December and will go into the 7th grade next year, so she'll be in youth this summer and she sings pretty good too! So, the legend continues... :AOK: :bravo:

Congrats on gigging with your daughter! Enjoy it every chance you can, because in another day or so, she'll be grown and gone... :(

Childbride
November 30th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Congrats!! very cool to gig with your daughter!!! :D :pancake:

M29
December 1st, 2008, 06:40 AM
Thank you all for the kind words!

M29

evenkeel
December 1st, 2008, 06:49 AM
Very cool!!! :bravo:

Congrats :bravo:

warren0728
December 1st, 2008, 09:19 AM
i can't imagine a better gig than one where you play with your kiddos!

Brian Krashpad
December 1st, 2008, 09:21 AM
Congrats!

I went to church yesterday and all they had was piano on the contemporary songs. I've told them I can play guitar or bass any time they need me and they wont take me up on the offer. :(

bigoldron
December 1st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Congrats!

I went to church yesterday and all they had was piano on the contemporary songs. I've told them I can play guitar or bass any time they need me and they wont take me up on the offer. :(

Well, maybe you need to head to Georgia. We'll put you to work!