PDA

View Full Version : Trying to learn "Baby I love your way"

Glacies
December 3rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
But can't seem to get the strumming pattern down. Can anyone offer any guidance here?

Peter Frampton:

VR4hv3Je_rQ

Big Mountain:

nV22XYxFC1g

I think once I get Frampton's version down I can reggae it up like big mountain in my own way.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/peter_frampton/baby_i_love_your_way_crd.htm

I've been trying to work off of this link but it's not helping me much. I guess I'm getting spoiled by the sheet music I've been learning off of that tells me which G chord to play, where to play it and how to play it.

Anyway, trying to learn this song for my chick, I think she'll like it a lot.

sunvalleylaw
December 3rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
Man, that songs takes me straight back to 7th grade, my tan Britannias with the rainbow piping on the pocket, and the crush I had on the daughter of the Sonics radio commentator at the time. It is trippy how time has flown.

Sounds like in addition to what Tone said a fairly standard down, down, up, up down would work.

Glacies
December 3rd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Man, that songs takes me straight back to 7th grade, my tan Britannias with the rainbow piping on the pocket, and the crush I had on the daughter of the Sonics radio commentator at the time. It is trippy how time has flown.

Sounds like in addition to what Tone said a fairly standard down, down, up, up down would work.

I really like the reggae version but figure I need to start with the basics first.

Maybe I'm making this song out to be harder than it really is because when I start with that type of strumming patter (not sure if I tried exactly that) I get all skipped up.